Stadium Expansion

LoveCity said:
How many seats can tourists fill anyway? I mean are we ever likely to see 5,000 people fly over from Asia for one game?
"Tourists" can be British, European, even students. They just don't have to be blues to start with.

As is said above the easiest marketing tool is be top of the "best league in the world", our owners aim, our managers aim, our players aim.

warpig said:
dirtydenzel said:
Off topic here abit, but just noticed the cash machine next to the store tonight. About time

^^^^^^ this deserves its own thread ;-)

Expect a 'the queue for the cash machine is a disgrace' thread on Saturday evening.

Surely an extra 10,000 seats behind the goals is only a short term solution? I reckon in 10 years time we'd easily sell out a 60,000 seater stadium for league games. There were certianly at least a couple of games when we'd have filled it last year.

If we keep season ticket prices competitive, and continue to collect trophies, we would fill an 80,000 stadium! Each time I go on the club's homepage and look in the top right corner we've seem to have an extra 10,000 likes on facebook.

Even in the lower leagues at Maine Road we had that scaffolding seats crammed in the corners to meet demand. Now we're on the verge of greatness we need a stadium fit for Manchesrer City's superstars to play, and the people of Manchester (and reading through this thread it would seem Asia) to come and watch.

We're big time now boys, so start thinking big!

Stretford Born Blue said:
How many of us know people who call themselves City fans who don't, for one reason or another currently do not go to matches but did so on a regular basis previously.
I've just added up 13 people off the top of my head (friends and family) who don't even have a bluecard membership.
If just 3 of them started going on a regular basis, lets say 7 or 8 times per season, and everyone of us knows a similar number of people, my guess is we would sell out 60000 easily for league games.
Make tickets cheap for cup games and bobs your uncle....??!!
I am 58 & stopped going regulary about 3 years ago & gave my season ticke tup there must be about 8 fom our group who no longer go .there the people the club need to win back

cyberblue said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
How many of us know people who call themselves City fans who don't, for one reason or another currently do not go to matches but did so on a regular basis previously.
I've just added up 13 people off the top of my head (friends and family) who don't even have a bluecard membership.
If just 3 of them started going on a regular basis, lets say 7 or 8 times per season, and everyone of us knows a similar number of people, my guess is we would sell out 60000 easily for league games.
Make tickets cheap for cup games and bobs your uncle....??!!
I am 58 & stopped going regulary about 3 years ago & gave my season ticke tup there must be about 8 fom our group who no longer go .there the people the club need to win back

and how would we do that

LHarper said:
warpig said:
dirtydenzel said:
Off topic here abit, but just noticed the cash machine next to the store tonight. About time

^^^^^^ this deserves its own thread ;-)

Expect a 'the queue for the cash machine is a disgrace' thread on Saturday evening.
I bet they're charging £5 to get your own money as well.....

bluecityste said:
Can't believe that a large % of people on here think that 60,000 is pushing the limits of what we could fill in the stadium.

We have sold out almost every home game (in the league) and 'prestige' cup game for the past 2 years, which has made it increasingly hard for the casual match goer (of which I am one now unfortunately after giving up my season ticket) to take in a game.

We need a large enough increase to allow the majority of City fans to get to a game when they can do, and to have a chance of seeing a home derby game etc. Plus, with (hopefully) a larger proportion of kids in the greater Manchester area choosing City over U****d in the near future we need a larger capacity or the next generation of locals to take up the torch.

Thats without any random tourists/day trippers to whatever the club have up their sleeves for the collar site.

I'd say 60,000 is a minimum, and priced appropriately (unfortunately not cheap as that will never happen :( ) we could easily look to have significantly more than this number when the bigger teams are in town. As several people have said....if you build it they will come.

Great post my friend. I'm sure we have the support to fill 70,000, it's not the lack of support I feel that stops this but just the complications of getting a ticket. In the old days you could just wake up in the morning of a game and decide to go along and pay on the gate. You would ring around your mates and hey presto, you and 6 mates would just pay to get in the Kippax. Nowadays it's join the membership scheme, book in advance and usually end up sitting next to strangers in whichever part of the stadium they put you in unless you're a season card holder. We know there's the following, however many people don't like the above and so don't bother. If getting tickets was easier or we had pay on the gate, we'd have very few games where seats were empty in my opinion.

we dont need to look at tourists, there are plenty of locals and people that stopped going, take me dad for example went evry home and away games in the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 00s but stopped going as he couldnt afford it likewise with his mates.

As has shown with games like hambuirg if we make it cheaper we could fill a 100,000 seat stadium, I know that hamburg sold out in one hour.

This is turning into another great thread.

Slightly off topic from the current discussion.

The rumour is an additional 6000 seats on each stand.(I stand corrected)

As well as being ample for PL away fans(3000), it would also be enough for Capital One and FA Cup away fans, should their club require the 6000 tickets.

It would mean City would no longer have to give the whole of the South Stand Lower Tier(and upper tier) over to visitng fans, which many of us have constantly complained about.(United bing the obvious one last season)

It's making more and more sense.

jrb said:
This is turning into another great thread.

Slightly off topic from the current discussion.

The rumour is an additional 6000 seats on each stand.(I stand corrected)

As well as being ample for PL away fans(3000), it would also be enough for Capital One and FA Cup away fans, should their club require the 6000 tickets.

It would mean City would no longer have to give the whole of the South Stand Lower Tier over to visitng fans, which many of us have constantly complained about.(United bing the obvious one last season)

It's making more and more sense.

have to ask it it rumoured an extra 6,000 seats on north and south stands as in like the kop, please be that !!!!!!!!!! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.