Stadium Expansion

jrb said:
I'd like to see poor families on income support, etc, get cheaper match tickets, if and when the ground is expanded. There must be 100's of 'Kids' who's parents can't afford to take them to watch City. Even if the club puts aside 250 tickets for a minimal price, that would be a great gesture.

I fully appreciate some on here won't agree. Fair enough.

I agree, that's a good shout.
At the moment I'm lucky enough to still be able to afford mine n me lads season tickets but if I couldn't afford to go, I honestly would be dead upset.
As long as they were given to the families/kids with the right criteria and not some smart arse **** out to make quick buck.

skybluepete said:
jrb said:
I'd like to see poor families on income support, etc, get cheaper match tickets, if and when the ground is expanded. There must be 100's of 'Kids' who's parents can't afford to take them to watch City. Even if the club puts aside 250 tickets for a minimal price, that would be a great gesture.

Beltin shout^

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Theoretically (because it will never happen) if we introduced £5 tickets, how many fans per week do people think we could get? Probably over 100,000 cared enough to line the streets for the parade, most in colours. Imagine all the fans in low income households who have no chance of going right now.

It's true. Sounds mad but I think we could get 100,000 if tickets were cheap.

47,000 x £35 is obviously much more than 100,000 x £10 unfortunately so it's not feasible.
But more fans means more food,more drinks and more shirts/memorabilia from store.
All revenue and with a hot dog at £4.50 or whatever it is it would soon mount up.
And once they've built the fan base up who actually go they could increase the cost to a little more but still well within reach for the working man.
Just a thought!

skybluepete said:
But more fans means more food,more drinks and more shirts/memorabilia from store.
All revenue and with a hot dog at £4.50 or whatever it is it would soon mount up.
And once they've built the fan base up who actually go they could increase the cost to a little more but still well within reach for the working man.
Just a thought!
LOL, only a mug buys the £4.50 hotdog inside the ground, when you can use any number of eateries outside the stadium for a fraction of the cost. Same goes for the programme, why bother, the only thing that changes is the opposition pages, the rest is available online.

Day trippers buy merchandise, food, drink, and a programme, because its all souvenir of the "matchday experience". The regular fan eats and drinks outside the ground, arrives 10 minutes before kick off, and rarely goes in the shop.

cleavers said:
skybluepete said:
Just a thought!
LOL, only a mug buys the £4.50 hotdog inside the ground, when you can use any number of eateries outside the stadium for a fraction of the cost. Same goes for the programme, why bother, the only thing that changes is the opposition pages, the rest is available online.

Day trippers buy merchandise, food, drink, and a programme, because its all souvenir of the "matchday experience". The regular fan eats and drinks outside the ground, arrives 10 minutes before kick off, and rarely goes in the shop.

I'm not gonna disagree with you mate, I dont ever buy anything for myself,never have but now and again will buy a drink or whatever for the lad but what I will say is there must be a lot of them day trippers coz that food bar is always hammered at half time our kid!

I notice the Sun has shamelessly lifted this story off here and called it an exclusive. Not linking to it, it's nothing new and I don't want to give them hits.

Impeccable said:
davymcfc said:
Not at the moment we don't. Cup attendances are poor.

Cup games are dependant on particular rounds and opposition. You'd expect, say, Bournemouth for example, at home in an early round to sell out or have a high attendance?

No, but the argument appears to be that we need a bigger stadium because people who want to watch the City cannot get a ticket. If that were the case it could be expected that those thousands of fans who are being locked out of league games would be more likely to go to cup games, particularly CL ties.

I always thought the stadium expansion was a bit of an inevitability?
I've read the whole thread and cannot believe there are some people who do not want this.
We need this to be a self sustainable club in the future. We need it to be able to maximise our profits.

One thing I really hope we factor into the stadium expansion is to give it a real good facelift. Even with the new external imagery on the stadium, it's looking old and tired. Whenever I go to the Emirates, it always looks fresh and welcoming. We need a bit of vibrancy with the new look stadium. Paint it all blue, white I don't care. Just get rid of the grey look, it's horrible.

The Cup crowds are up too. City's supporter base has been limited for some time by the capacity of the stadium

You can't wait for every Cup game to sell out before you build. It will likely never happen if the season ticket base and regular supporters are restricted to 36k that in itself restricts the pool who go to the Cup games.

If the story has hit the nationals, it's only a matter of time now before the MCEN covers it in full. They will be desperate to do that but maybe have been asked to keep quiet up till now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.