Stadium Expansion

sergiokun said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I have a feeling that the official club announcement will be around the same time this years financial results are released.

That should be any day then i hope.....

And hopefully a huge reduction in our losses heading in the right direction I am sure.

sergiokun said:
I have a feeling that the official club announcement will be around the same time this years financial results are released.

That should be any day then i hope.....

And hopefully a huge reduction in our losses heading in the right direction I am sure.

Will be great if we announce we are extending the ground and have decent reduction in losses, £193 million we lost last year, i would be happy if its 100 million, it proves we are moving in the right way

The greatest gift Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon can now do for this club is build the biggest stadium in the country, 100,000.

Make it a tenner for adults, a fiver for kids, we seriously don't need the money.

It should be about planting seeds for generations to come, to ingrain yourself in the psyche of English and world football.

Make it a quid for cup games, give Manchester it's true football club back.

Visiting fans would easily take up the best part of 5,000 each game if we extended the same goodwill towards them.

The multi-millions come from corporate and commercial take-up, money through the gate is chicken feed in the grander scheme of things.

If you set aside boxes, lounges and exec seats you print money, especially if they believe it is with the right club to be associated with.

Players from around the world want to play in front of the biggest crowds, want that sense of occasion.

100,000 people, week in, week out, getting to see the best product in the best of surroundings, at the cheapest of costs.

Our owners aren't stupid, all those fans would be spending millions on the related leisure facilities and hotels, etc.

At some stage it is has to be about winning hearts and minds, creating a legacy further than a few hundred jobs and a wonderful training ground.

What better PR than to be known throughout the world as the club that gave football back to the people.

A few random points about the merits of stadium expansion:

1) Comparison with Real Madrid (capacity approx 80,000)
RM get average 70,000+ - full for big games...down to 60,000 for less attractive fixtures.
Does anyone have a go at them about empty seats?

2) Technology + approach to selling tickets.
Having enjoyed Bernabeu for City's CL game...I was amazed how easy it was to buy tickets for my family to see a regular La Liga game vs Celta Vigo when I was in Madrid a few weeks later.
Selected seats online...easy to pick up at ground...lots of other tourists + occasional madrid fans doing same.

3) Importance of filling lower sections with season ticket holders...means that fluctuating attendance in level 3 has less effect on atmosphere.
i.e. if there is going to be spare capacity make sure it is in higher levels.

4) Current facilities at the Etihad are very basic (and very poor in comparison to a stadium like the Emirates).
I'm not sure what scope there is for improvement / rebuild etc....but the question of how many people you could attract to a new or better stadium with different facilities or design is different to how to attract more people to current set-up.

5) An additional 10-15,000 seats would enable the club a lot more flexibility to offer innovative pricing schemes / deals for fans that struggle to pay for regular season ticket. i.e. more value gold / 3 match deals / family packages etc etc.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The greatest gift Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon can now do for this club is build the biggest stadium in the country, 100,000.

Make it a tenner for adults, a fiver for kids, we seriously don't need the money.

It should be about planting seeds for generations to come, to ingrain yourself in the psyche of English and world football.

Visiting fans would easily take up the best part of 5,000 each game if we extended the same goodwill towards them.

The multi-millions come from corporate and commercial take-up, money through the gate is chicken feed in the grander scheme of things.

If you set aside boxes, lounges and exec seats you print money, especially if they believe it is with the right club to be associated with.

Players from around the world want to play in front of the biggest crowds, want that sense of occasion.

100,000 people, week in, week out, getting to see the best product in the best of surroundings, at the cheapest of costs.

Our owners aren't stupid, all those fans would be spending millions on the related leisure facilities and hotels, etc.

At some stage it is has to be about winning hearts and minds, creating a legacy further than a few hundred jobs and a wonderful training ground.

What better PR than to be known throughout the world as the club that gave football back to the people.
If only Tolm

SWP's back said:
Aston Villa have asked for safe standing and an Early Day Motion has been raised in Parliament with the aim to build support amongst MPs for a relaxation in the government’s stance, to allow safe standing trials in the Premier League or Championship.

The more MPs who sign the more likely the government is to allow these trials, which could pave the way for (official) standing areas at Premier League and Championship clubs.

Please follow this link to sign the petition and email your MP.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding/index.php</a>

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=266911&p=6156993&hilit=safe+standing#p6156993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=266911&p=6156993&hilit=safe+standing#p6156993</a>

I have signed, surprised to see that there are only 16614 signatures.

Mikecini said:
SWP's back said:
Aston Villa have asked for safe standing and an Early Day Motion has been raised in Parliament with the aim to build support amongst MPs for a relaxation in the government’s stance, to allow safe standing trials in the Premier League or Championship.

The more MPs who sign the more likely the government is to allow these trials, which could pave the way for (official) standing areas at Premier League and Championship clubs.

Please follow this link to sign the petition and email your MP.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding/index.php</a>

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=266911&p=6156993&hilit=safe+standing#p6156993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=266911&p=6156993&hilit=safe+standing#p6156993</a>

I have signed, surprised to see that there are only 16614 signatures.

Signed

Bluep*ss said:
Hi Guys - This is my first post but I have been reading for years. - including "las Vegas "thread".I have read all 40 pages of Stadium Expansion thread and I have not seen any mention of the "Inoculated Manchester City" site - I think it was in 2011 and contained information about City building a Champions League ground - 70,000 capacity and to be called Etihad Cauldron. Now I am not 'puter literate so I cannot put a link up but I did Google MCFC proposed Stadium Expansion and came up with the above info. It mentions Marwood,Hansen and Rednapp - the latter two saying City Ruining football etc. As I say it might be old news and scrapped but I thought I would tell you about it. CTID

Any comments on "The Cauldron"????

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Its always been my understanding that many elements of what you say are in the minds of ADUG.

They knew about FFPR when they were negotiating to buy the club but I firmly believe that their vision of FFPR includes local people, local families and kids especially being brought into the club at as cheap a price as possible.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I am confused. The debate about a new ground v extensions has been going on for ages and I thought we we were nearing a conclusion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.