Stadium Expansion

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The greatest gift Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon can now do for this club is build the biggest stadium in the country, 100,000.

Make it a tenner for adults, a fiver for kids, we seriously don't need the money.

It should be about planting seeds for generations to come, to ingrain yourself in the psyche of English and world football.

Make it a quid for cup games, give Manchester it's true football club back.

Visiting fans would easily take up the best part of 5,000 each game if we extended the same goodwill towards them.

The multi-millions come from corporate and commercial take-up, money through the gate is chicken feed in the grander scheme of things.

If you set aside boxes, lounges and exec seats you print money, especially if they believe it is with the right club to be associated with.

Players from around the world want to play in front of the biggest crowds, want that sense of occasion.

100,000 people, week in, week out, getting to see the best product in the best of surroundings, at the cheapest of costs.

Our owners aren't stupid, all those fans would be spending millions on the related leisure facilities and hotels, etc.

At some stage it is has to be about winning hearts and minds, creating a legacy further than a few hundred jobs and a wonderful training ground.

What better PR than to be known throughout the world as the club that gave football back to the people.

Its always been my understanding that many elements of what you say are in the minds of ADUG.

They knew about FFPR when they were negotiating to buy the club but I firmly believe that their vision of FFPR includes local people, local families and kids especially being brought into the club at as cheap a price as possible.

Don't think people really appreciate how rich are owners are.

They can make tickets free if they wished. Ticketing revenue is peanuts, always has been.

There is a reason why German football has the best attendances, and they don't have anywhere near the resources we have.

We are in the grip of a recession which will take at least another generation to come out the other side.

FFPR is putting a brake on sky-high transfer fees, so best to use our financial might towards growing the supporter base and ensuring we keep the ones we have.

Financially dope the ticketing costs, charge top dollar for corporate, everything else will look after itself.

My dad now regularly sits nursing a pint in his local, watching City on the big screen.

He earns a couple hundred a week and is now classed as an O.A.P.

Unless I fork-out, his time with City seems to be coming to a pretty sad, lingering conclusion, after 50 years.

-- Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm --

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The greatest gift Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon can now do for this club is build the biggest stadium in the country, 100,000.

Make it a tenner for adults, a fiver for kids, we seriously don't need the money.

It should be about planting seeds for generations to come, to ingrain yourself in the psyche of English and world football.

Visiting fans would easily take up the best part of 5,000 each game if we extended the same goodwill towards them.

The multi-millions come from corporate and commercial take-up, money through the gate is chicken feed in the grander scheme of things.

If you set aside boxes, lounges and exec seats you print money, especially if they believe it is with the right club to be associated with.

Players from around the world want to play in front of the biggest crowds, want that sense of occasion.

100,000 people, week in, week out, getting to see the best product in the best of surroundings, at the cheapest of costs.

Our owners aren't stupid, all those fans would be spending millions on the related leisure facilities and hotels, etc.

At some stage it is has to be about winning hearts and minds, creating a legacy further than a few hundred jobs and a wonderful training ground.

What better PR than to be known throughout the world as the club that gave football back to the people.
I am confused. The debate about a new ground v extensions has been going on for ages and I thought we we were nearing a conclusion

Confused, why?

Simply expressing an ideal.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Its always been my understanding that many elements of what you say are in the minds of ADUG.

They knew about FFPR when they were negotiating to buy the club but I firmly believe that their vision of FFPR includes local people, local families and kids especially being brought into the club at as cheap a price as possible.

Don't think people really appreciate how rich are owners are.

They can make tickets free if they wished. Ticketing revenue is peanuts, always has been.

There is a reason why German football has the best attendances, and they don't have anywhere near the resources we have.

We are in the grip of a recession which will take at least another generation to come out the other side.

FFPR is putting a break on sky-high transfer fees, so best to use our financial might towards growing the supporter base and ensuring we keep the ones we have.

Financially dope the ticketing costs, charge top dollar for corporate, everything else will look after itself.

My dad now regularly sits nursing a pint in his local, watching City on the big screen.

He earns a couple hundred a week and is now classed as an O.A.P.

Unless I fork-out, his time with City seems to be coming to a pretty sad, lingering conclusion, after 50 years.
Is this your wish Tolm or what you have heard?

Just my idea of a no-brainer.

We currently bring in about £20m a year at the gate, outside of corporate.

That's less than two player salaries!

Surely you increase capacity as high as you possibly can (not against FFPR)

If you had 100,000 people on our site every other weekend the money being spent on the related leisure and hotels will more than cover £20m a year.

Like I say, as much as our owner has every right to make money, why can't it be as innovative as simply doping tickets for the good of the wider fanbase over the next couple decades.

Imagine the site fees companies would pay to have a captive 100,000 audience every other weekend?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

If you had 100,000 people on our site every other weekend the money being spent on the related leisure and hotels will more than cover £20m a year.

Like I say, as much as our owner has every right to make money, why can't it be as innovative as simply doping tickets for the good of the wider fanbase over the next couple decades.

Imagine the site fees companies would pay to have a captive 100,000 audience every other weekend?

That's a bloody good idea Tolmie. Cheap tickets could generate WAY more money than the lost revenue from the cheap ticket prices.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hopefully our owners, as you suggest are thinking along the same lines.....

tolmie's hairdoo said:

You should write to Khaldoon with that mate. I think that's one of the most inspirational posts I have seen on here in a long, long time. A brilliantly simple concept that I am sure could be made to work. And we have the resources to do it.

I'd give that VERY serious consideration if I was running the club.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Im trying to think of a downside but I cant to be honest. its all down to whether the owners want to take the hit, I cant see it being a problem for them though and it certainly would make a statement and put them on the map more than they are now.

While self sustainability is a key part of there stated plans, and this in the long ( 10+ years ) run would help in the short term it probably wouldn't.

I think it will all depends on EPL FFPR now over the UEFA ones if they come in.

Tolmie at a £10 a game which the cheapest season tickets are not far off people still moan. Maybe they should pay us to come and buy my beers to. I think I might miss a mortgage payment maybe they could help me with that
Its a business not a charity

All aside though its a very inspirational post just lacks all basic logic

Marvin said:
Surely we are way beyond that stage by now

What stage?

I think it's an utterly brilliant idea. The more I think about it, the positives that would come from this are immeasurable.

1. It would get the media off our backs. What journalist would want to be seen writing nasty sniping crap about the most warm and generous club in world football.

2. What incredible PR it would be for Sheikh Mansour and Abu Dhabi

3. It would drive down ticket prices in the UK generally - actually a good thing for the game, increase gates and the popularity of the sport.

4. The rags would SHIT themselves.

Reason 4 is enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.