Stadium Expansion

The survey questions eamiled to the fans by City.

mc1cn.jpg

mc2o.jpg

mc4n.jpg

mc6m.jpg

mc8bl.jpg

mc10u.jpg

mc11m.jpg

mc14v.jpg

mc21.jpg

mc25.jpg

mc26.jpg

mc30d.jpg

mc33.jpg

mc36.jpg

mc40r.jpg

mc42.jpg

mc44.jpg

mc51t.jpg

mc59.jpg

mc60u.jpg
[/QUOTE]

not read all the thread but can the pitch be lowered so there can be extra rows be put in place at the bottom?

Some points:

[1] The roof at back of the North and South Stands is where all the rainwater from the roof is taken away to ground level. It is NOT a simple matter just to replace part of it. It is total replacement or an increase in capacity of a couple of thousand at the most.

[2] The gaps at the 4 corners of the group allow shutters to be opened to allow wind and sunlight to get in to improve water evaporation and grass growth. They have sunlamps on wheels to help grow the grass - but the draught is equally as important.

BlueAnorak said:
Some points:

[1] The roof at back of the North and South Stands is where all the rainwater from the roof is taken away to ground level. It is NOT a simple matter just to replace part of it. It is total replacement or an increase in capacity of a couple of thousand at the most.

[2] The gaps at the 4 corners of the group allow shutters to be opened to allow wind and sunlight to get in to improve water evaporation and grass growth. They have sunlamps on wheels to help grow the grass - but the draught is equally as important.

True. So therefore other engineering solutions will have to be found.

The water can be re-routed or sent through new ducts.

Air circulation can also be engineered. Plus I'm not sure if these new pitches need as much air flow as all-grass ones do..? If it's relaid every year, which is now what happens, does it matter as much?

The thing is, there just isn't the room to get enough extra seats in to make it worthwhile without changing/raising the shape/angle of the roof. The renders above with the few extra rows can't be it, if the rumours of an extra 12k are true anyway.

I really hope they have a think about the shape of the whole roof as it could improve the atmosphere if it actually reflected some of the noise back in. At the moment it's too high and at the wrong angle...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Feel lucky to have been seen a view of this whole thing, stadium, the surrounding areas last 24 hours.

All I can say is incredible. The area will make the Yas Marina look like a high rise in Hulme.
Will I be around long enough to see it all though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.