Stadium Expansion

DiscoSteve said:
Gray said:
Doesn't look like there is enough room for an extra 6,000 seats at each end especially in the corners.
etihad.jpg

They are surely going to have to alter the stadium to fit the seats and necessary concourses in?
There ISN'T enough by my reckoning, I've hacked around my previous schematics (original source was Arup like yours) and get a max of seven rows at the thinnest
East West View
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55EW.jpg[/bigimg]
Plan View of NE Corner
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55NSPlan.jpg[/bigimg]
By my rough and ready calcs its only between 1500 and 2000 in each quadrant, so a 6000-8000 jump on top 47,500 gives only 53,500 to 55,500 UNLESS this third tier overhangs the 2nd tier exec boxes / restaurant by more than it does at the sides...

I think the back half of the roof could come off so the new tier goes up higher and beyond the current roof. The back half of the roof can then be replaced and fitted at an angle runnin parallel with the new tier so it doesnt obstruct view etc.

fbloke said:
I would say that we should not assume too much right now.

The stadium is going to get bigger, many more expensive seats will become available but there might be a surprise on how they accomodate the more 'traditional' fan.

Well that is totally straightforward.

Not at all "airy fairy, could mean anything" at all.

SWP's back said:
fbloke said:

The stadium is going to get bigger, many more expensive seats will become available but there might be a surprise on how they accomodate the more 'traditional' fan.

He's ITK you know

*taps nose*

SWP's back said:
fbloke said:

He's the Doris Stokes of ITK's

stony said:
SWP's back said:
fbloke said:

He's the Derek Acora of ITK's

DiscoSteve said:
Neville Kneville said:
We have been clearly told by people on here that it's not possible.
So now I think it is possible... ...been redoing my Google Sketchup Model based on the Survey Diagram that shows City are looking to use all the space on the ends at the third tier level without touching the roof.

Today's Sky View
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/Today.jpg[/bigimg]
Expanded
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/NE3rdTier.jpg[/bigimg]

GXCity... Is this close? :-)

I would guess that the areas marked on the survey for expansion were just to give a very rough indication of where the expansion would be and are not intended to be anything like the finished stand.

Gray said:
Doesn't look like there is enough room for an extra 6,000 seats at each end especially in the corners.
etihad.jpg

They are surely going to have to alter the stadium to fit the seats and necessary concourses in?

Here me out, know it sounds ridiculous, but there was a precedent set by West Ham.

Is it in possible to rotate the pitch 90 degrees, is there enough play in the bowels of the stadium to bring the pitch into the East and West Stands.

That way behind the goals already has it's three tiers and North and South stands can be reconfigured and extended from bringing them in even closer to the pitch.

Radical, I know, but there are some crazy architects out there!

DiscoSteve said:
Gray said:
By my rough and ready calcs its only between 1500 and 2000 in each quadrant, so a 6000-8000 jump on top 47,500 gives only 53,500 to 55,500 UNLESS this third tier overhangs the 2nd tier exec boxes / restaurant by more than it does at the sides...

wont they get shut of the restaurants and move the corps to the seats on the side job done

With the posh, posher and poshest sections they are proposing the Level 2 non-posh folk can move into Level 3 South or Colin Bell/East, if they still want a side view, but if it's done right they can sub us normal folk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.