stadium party

Re: stadium party - a cock for loyal fans

Skashion said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
What makes Season card holders more worthy? why should they get to the top of the pecking order? Does City mean more to then than they do to me and thousands of other blues who cannot afford to be in their situation?
What makes people who live within walking distance of Eastlands more worthy?

Nothing at all. But i'm not the one making out as if i'm all hard done by or as if my status should entitle me to anything over other blues.

mcfcliam said:
Season ticket holders, are indeed, more loyal than non season ticket holders....

....according to the club and every other club in the country.

And I agree in a way because season ticket holders attend more games, making them more loyal.

What I find is that a lot of seasoncard holders make the necessary sacrifices to be able to afford one. I know plenty of skint people that sacrifice something in order to watch City. Smokers are the best, can't afford a season ticket yet spend between £1000 and £2000 a year on fags. That's what I say to rags that tell me they can't afford to go but smoke 20 cigs a day.

I know this isn't supposed to be a debate, yet I don't like how seasoncard holders are portrayed to be better off 'cos the one's I know aren't and neither am I. I could go on holiday with my family in October but I wont, you know why, 'cos I need the money for my seasoncard. I could have a better car, but I don't so I can watch City. I could go out on the lash all the time but I don't, so I can afford to watch City. I understand there are some that genuinely can't fund a seasoncard yet for most it's an excuse.

berger1985 said:
mcfcliam said:
Season ticket holders, are indeed, more loyal than non season ticket holders....

And I agree in a way because season ticket holders attend more games, making them more loyal.

What I find is that a lot of seasoncard holders make the necessary sacrifices to be able to afford one. I know plenty of skint people that sacrifice something in order to watch City. Smokers are the best, can't afford a season ticket yet spend between £1000 and £2000 a year on fags. That's what I say to rags that tell me they can't afford to go but smoke 20 cigs a day.

I know this isn't supposed to be a debate, yet I don't like how seasoncard holders are portrayed to be better off 'cos the one's I know aren't and neither am I. I could go on holiday with my family in October but I wont, you know why, 'cos I need the money for my seasoncard. I could have a better car, but I don't so I can watch City. I could go out on the lash all the time but I don't, so I can afford to watch City. I understand there are some that genuinely can't fund a seasoncard yet for most it's an excuse.

spot on.. I've had a SC through years of shite when I've been able to afford one, the way things are now I couldn't bear to miss out so I'll beg borrow or steal to make sure I don't.

I'll be taking family members who haven't been to City for years boo hoo, I missed 25 minutes of the game on Tuesday to queue up, that was my sacrifice what was yours?

Yes the club ballsed up as I shouldnt have missed any of the game, and I was mightily pissed off, but it was obvious that the homecoming would be popular.

Our club needs new blood to survive, grow and be self sufficient, wise up everyone there's much more of this to come.

These fellers are building a dynasty of which we can very proud.

Skashion said:
Yeah, real blues miss out on celebrating FA Cup win so rags can pull a stunt that will be sold in the media as upstaging us once again. Yeah, I really hope that happens too...
You are starting to become boring with your relentless whinging. Do you have a ticket and are you going? What would you rather have a stadium half empty because they were only given out to your so called loyal season ticket holders or full to the rafters with blues who have made the effort?

blumoonrisen said:
berger1985 said:
mcfcliam said:

spot on..

No... Not Spot on. What does your seasoncard entitle you to? It entitles you to attend every home league match for one season, Correct?

They cost an arm and a leg in a time when money is tighter than ever and no matter how much we love City football is a luxurey not a priority. After i have paid out what i have to pay out through priority it would be impossible to afford to buy a season card. Does this mean that those who can afford a season card are better fans who deserve a place at the FA Cup celebration more than any other blue?

No, It doesn't. We've all waited for this for so long and i wish we could all be there but on a day like that NO blue should deserve to be there over another no matter how much they can afford.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Nothing at all. But i'm not the one making out as if i'm all hard done by or as if my status should entitle me to anything over other blues.
O Rly?
BlakeTheBlue said:
You guys knew as did we all when these tickets would be available. I walked to the stadium to get mine. You had plenty of chance.
Those who live far away have far less chance, especially if they were still in the queue when they ran out - and they ran out so quickly because they were dishing them out like confetti earlier on. There is no possible way you cannot say the club fucked up on this one. People who were at the Spurs game and who wanted them couldn't get them because they ran out and then didn't have the time (or possibly the resources, as you're all about that) to make an extra trip just to get tickets during the week. Because of that we've got big blues who travel hundreds of miles missing out over any local who could waltz up and get one without any proof of being a City fan.<br /><br />-- Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 am --<br /><br />
BluePurgatory said:
Skashion said:
Yeah, real blues miss out on celebrating FA Cup win so rags can pull a stunt that will be sold in the media as upstaging us once again. Yeah, I really hope that happens too...
You are starting to become boring with your relentless whinging. Do you have a ticket and are you going? What would you rather have a stadium half empty because they were only given out to your so called loyal season ticket holders or full to the rafters with blues who have made the effort?
Why can't it have been the case that season card holders who wanted to go could have activated their cards as I suggested earlier? After they've had their chance. Citycard holders. Then Accesscard holders if it got down to that? Why would have that been so difficult?

BlakeTheBlue said:
blumoonrisen said:
berger1985 said:

spot on..

No... Not Spot on. What does your seasoncard entitle you to? It entitles you to attend every home league match for one season, Correct?

They cost an arm and a leg in a time when money is tighter than ever and no matter how much we love City football is a luxurey not a priorety. After i have paid out what i have to pay out through priority it would be impossible to afford to by a season card. Does this mean that those who can afford a season card are better fans who deserve a place at the FA Cup celebration more than any other blue?

No, It doesn't. We've all waited for this for so long and i wish we could all be there but on a day like that NO blue should deserve to be there over another no matter how much they can afford.

Save a tenner a week over a yr...it'll pay for one. As I said, I went into arrears with my mortgage to get one.. I'm in financial dire straits but still managed it..
Everyone has diff priorities, mine is watching City, instead of nights out or buying clothes even.

They cost an arm and a leg in a time when money is tighter than ever and no matter how much we love City football is a luxurey not a priority. After i have paid out what i have to pay out through priority it would be impossible to afford to buy a season card. Does this mean that those who can afford a season card are better fans who deserve a place at the FA Cup celebration more than any other blue?

And there you can see is the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.