Stalybridge

OK. I admit it. I lived there for 7 years, from 1978 to 1985, and moved here 36 years ago next week. From being a fully paid up Ashtonian and Lancastrian, I joined the Cheshire Set. A brand new private estate off Copley Road with superb views of Buckton Fell from the front window, but, unfortunately, (according to the Halifax's survey report) no schools in the area. He mustn't have seen Copley school on his way up to inspect the house, as it had just been built. As we had no kids at the time, it didn't really matter, and I only ever played squash there
I pass the place occasionally, as I still have friends in Carrbrook, but have never gone back to see how it looks today, as all my friends have moved on from there.

Lived in bridge for around 15 years and still go back now and then, sad to say it's an absolute shithole. The saving grace is the station buffet bar but apart from that it's full of druggies and wrong uns, you notice it more once you move away, even bridge Celtic have turned to shit.
How it's won an award if any kind is a miracle
I'll have you know that I come from Stalybridge and i'm a right classy and cultured fucker :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.