Star Wars VII

Nobody has the Force, it's just a shorthand way of saying that somebody is Force sensitive and can use the Force. The Force in the Star Wars universe is closer to what we would think of as an energy or a field for those of a physics disposition.

Force sensitivity comes in varying degrees but is an incredibly rare trait in any species outside of a select few. The Skywalker kids were much more attuned to the Force as their father was literally born as an expression of the Will of the Force rather than having a distinct father. Palpatine's old master, Darth Plagueis completed the work of his master Darth Tenebrous who was a Bith but also a genius engineer who had been trialing genetic variations in an attempt to create such an entity but was ultimately slain by his apprentice before hand.

Whether the combination of Plagueis and Palpatine managed to create Anakin Skywalker themselves is up in the air but it's heavily hinted that Anakin was NOT created by the Dark Lords but instead was the Force's reaction to their attempts.

Han wasn't Force sensitive and his kids, now considered non-canon since the Disney buyout, got their Force sensitivity from the bloodline of Skywalker through Leia.

Force sensitivity is something that is a split between various characters throughout the Star Wars Universe who believe very different things about it. Midichlorian count was a Jedi belief rather than an objective fact. Palpatine actually laughed at them for using this as a measurement system of Force sensitivity. Many believed that it was a living thing which had a "will" and even "desires" such as Qui Gonn Jinn and most of the Jedi, preaching that instinct should be relied on above all others. Others such as Palpatine and Yoda believed it to be nothing but an energy source with no real morality of "light" or "dark" inherent to it in a system known as the Unifying Force which was concerned with prophecy and destiny.

In fact the philosophical war between the ideas of the Living Force and the Unifying Force is the more interesting Star Wars idea, and it doesn't split along Jedi/Sith lines.

It's worth remember that the galaxy far far away has hundreds of billions of people living in it across thousands of worlds. Most of them would live their lives and never meet a single person who even met anybody who was Force sensitive. The Jedi and the Sith are for all intents and purposes a bit of a myth. Much of the armies in the Rebel Alliance and the Republic below them considered them all as bad as each other like Gods fighting amongst themselves on Mount Olympus with the collateral damage of millions of normal people dying.

To Han in A New Hope, the Force was a tale of myth and legend because as a normal traveler he had absolutely no reason to believe it existed any more than dragons do

Have you not got a nappy to change?

midichlorians are a load of bollocks never mentioned anywhere in any novels that I can recollect, only in TPM. Totally spoiled what the force was supposed to be, Lucas lost the plot in those films, Force Awakens is going to be what they should have been, I just wish Disney had the balls to go back and remake the prequels.

The original film is my personal favourite, then revenge of the sith with the creation of darth vader and the slaying of younglings, and Samuel Jackson dying. The final light saber battle where anakin ends up limbless only to be saved by the emperor is epic. Never get bored of watching that.

I think Finn is only using a light saber because he's got it on him.
I think everything is set up to mislead.

Rey is the force sensitive one imo and I can imagine her jumping into the scene to rescue Finn.

I think Finn is only using a light saber because he's got it on him.
I think everything is set up to mislead.

Rey is the force sensitive one imo and I can imagine her jumping into the scene to rescue Finn.

This is the most interesting scene, Kylo has no mask, why?

Does he wear the mask to imitate Vader? Does his face end up getting mashed? Does he try to hide his identity as he might be Leia and Solo's son?

midichlorians are a load of bollocks never mentioned anywhere in any novels that I can recollect, only in TPM. Totally spoiled what the force was supposed to be, Lucas lost the plot in those films, Force Awakens is going to be what they should have been, I just wish Disney had the balls to go back and remake the prequels.

They were mentioned by Lucas all the way back in the original Star Wars authors guide in the 70s. Basically when Marvel and other publishers took the licence, Lucas wrote some guidelines about how things worked and midichlorians stemmed from there though not sure if they were actually written down anywhere before The Phantom Menace.

The final light saber battle where anakin ends up limbless only to be saved by the emperor is epic. Never get bored of watching that.

This is actually my least favourite scene in the entire Star Wars canon as it personifies every problem I have with the prequels and wraps them up in a single duel.

They were mentioned by Lucas all the way back in the original Star Wars authors guide in the 70s. Basically when Marvel and other publishers took the licence, Lucas wrote some guidelines about how things worked and midichlorians stemmed from there though not sure if they were actually written down anywhere before The Phantom Menace.

This is actually my least favourite scene in the entire Star Wars canon as it personifies every problem I have with the prequels and wraps them up in a single duel.
That's the only thing that saves them! Pod racers, jango fett, jar jar fucking binks, Natalie fit portman, all resolved by the creation of darth vader.

"You were the chosen one Anakin. You were supposed to bring balance to the force. "

I think you're being harsh on the scene as it's one of my favourite fights scenes too! That fight was important because it comes close to what every Star Wars fan dreams of when the sabres come out! Besides the CGI battle, the others where cut too short or not realised in their potential.

Anyway, Lucas needed to get to creation of Vader, so how else was the director supposed to achieve that??!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.