Star Wars VII

Whilst its the best of the prequels, no way does episode III surpass episodes IV or V.

I agree there should have been more of Vader bad assing around the galaxy slaughtering Jedi in the prequels, rather than there being a 20 odd year break between the films.

The trailers to this film have been very good, really looking forward to this, more than a 41 year old probably should be.
Agreed mate. I'm 31 and watching the trailers I feel like I'm ten years old again.

The battle was everything wrong with the movies.

It was a CGI piece of crap with no actual emotion behind any of the wildly unrealistic gymnastic based lightsaber crap. It was the pinnacle of style over substance. They had no idea how to make the scene feel epic in terms of the narrative so instead decided to make it look visually impressive so it would trick the less attentive into thinking they'd watched something special. It's the film version of those rubbish reality shows using crap editing and musical cues to force feed emotion during the moments that they want.

It was also a masturbatory effort for George Lucas and his over reliance and over use of cold and lifeless visual effects.

In reality the simple lightsaber battle in A New Hope between the two characters ultimately had much more going on and was a much more powerful scene than the absolutely patronizing flashy crap in Ep III.

I get it!

You're talking about the Yoda vs Count Dooku fight and I'm talking about the Kenobi vs Skywalker battle!!

I'm I one of the few that think that this film is a crock of shite and its sad that grown men get excited over a series of films designed for 10 year olds..

The battle was everything wrong with the movies.

It was a CGI piece of crap with no actual emotion behind any of the wildly unrealistic gymnastic based lightsaber crap. It was the pinnacle of style over substance. They had no idea how to make the scene feel epic in terms of the narrative so instead decided to make it look visually impressive so it would trick the less attentive into thinking they'd watched something special. It's the film version of those rubbish reality shows using crap editing and musical cues to force feed emotion during the moments that they want.

It was also a masturbatory effort for George Lucas and his over reliance and over use of cold and lifeless visual effects.

In reality the simple lightsaber battle in A New Hope between the two characters ultimately had much more going on and was a much more powerful scene than the absolutely patronizing flashy crap in Ep III.
Have you ever seen these? They're really long, but incredibly well written reviews on the prequels. Needless to say, they don't come out of it well.

Couldn't disagree with this more. Episode 3 is the making of everything that follows. Without it there is no Luke, no Leia, no Vader, no "Ben", no backstory. Maybe it's my age but Episode III will remain my favourite Star Wars film.

It's absolutely definitely your age. It fails as a movie on almost every level and it doesn't actually setup anything at all in the original trilogy. And the NOOOO scream was the most unintenentionally hilarious scene in movie history, reducing one of the greatest movie villains of all time down to a horribly cliched joke.

In fact that last sentence sums up the entire prequel trilogy. They actually managed to make various bits of the original trilogy worse which is a fine achievement.

I'm I one of the few that think that this film is a crock of shite and its sad that grown men get excited over a series of films designed for 10 year olds..

Have you seen this film? I wasnt aware it had been released yet.

Thank you for your input other than that, most valuable, anything else you think is sad while you are hear to share with us?

Personally I think people who have a go without knowing what they are talking about and telling others they are sad for liking something that brings them enjoyment for whatever reason are just wankers, trolls they are otherwise known as.

I get it!

You're talking about the Yoda vs Count Dooku fight and I'm talking about the Kenobi vs Skywalker battle!!

I'm talking about the Anakin/Obi Wan fight. Yoda vs Dooku was a little less offensive but still ridiculous.

Remember when Yoda was a weird green troll who lived in a swamp and the built in trait of his character was how even the smallest creature could be a wise master of the Force, thereby cementing the Force as beyond the physical?

Nope. Another super gymnast who flips shit around for literally no reason at all.

It's absolutely definitely your age. It fails as a movie on almost every level and it doesn't actually setup anything at all in the original trilogy. And the NOOOO scream was the most unintenentionally hilarious scene in movie history, reducing one of the greatest movie villains of all time down to a horribly cliched joke.

In fact that last sentence sums up the entire prequel trilogy. They actually managed to make various bits of the original trilogy worse which is a fine achievement.
It's not that bad! The only one that beats it is the original!

Episode 3 is definitely the best of the prequels and better than episodes 5 & 6. The final scene is what you look forward throughout the whole film. IMHO.

Looking forward to this new film.

I get it!

In fact now that I'm thinking about it, the Count Dooku vs Anakin/Kenobi in Clones then again in Sith are probably the two best duels in the entire prequel trilogies as they had a point to them and were (badly) attempting to tell a story. They were overt and clumsy as fuck but they made an effort; the first in Anakin's zealotry and then a hack callback to the Vader/Luke fight then in the second the discovery of the power of revenge. Both of these fights were 100 million times better than the absolute shite served up at the end of 3.

Have you seen this film? I wasnt aware it had been released yet.

Thank you for your input other than that, most valuable, anything else you think is sad while you are hear to share with us?

Personally I think people who have a go without knowing what they are talking about and telling others they are sad for liking something that brings them enjoyment for whatever reason are just wankers, trolls they are otherwise known as.

I'm just offering an opinions that's different to your is not trolling or something that I am aware of not being able to express.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.