Starting 11 next season

------------------------------Hart-----------------------

---Zabaleta--------Kompany---------Nastasic---------Clichy

---------------Fernandinho-------------Rodwell------------------

--------------------------------Silva---------------------------

----------Aguero-----------------------------------Jovetic--------

--------------------------------Negredo------------------------------

ninjamonkey said:
We simply will not have a first starting 11 next season, we have too many good players and too many options to consistently play the same 11 players when fit. tiredness and adjusting the formation depending on who we come up against will dictate who plays most games.

I would say the only players that won't be rested that often bar for cup games will be Hart and Kompany, Yaya won't get that much rest either unless he's visibly knackered. The rest will all see their fair share of games and also their fair share of the bench. There's probably 7/8 players you would consider automatic starters for the big games but if we were playing say 2 mid table teams in a row we can easily put out 2 completely different top quality sides (bar Hart and Kompany) and keep players fresh and hungry.

Hart

Zab Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Yaya Barry

Milner Aguero Silva

Dzeko

Hart

Micah Kompany Nastasic Clichy

Ferna Rodwell

Navas Jovetic Nasri

Negredo

Then the only worries are consistency and the worry of over-rotation disrupting partnerships developing etc which i don't personally think will be much of a problem once Pellegrini properly installs his method of playing.

Yaya's always visibly knackered, even in games where he dominates!

And I wouldn't play Aguero with Dzeko too much - that combination had the worst stats last season (team goal difference when they were on the pitch together was 0.7 per game, the other two combinations were 1.2 per game).

FantasyIreland said:
------------------------------Hart-----------------------

---Zabaleta--------Kompany---------Nastasic---------Clichy

---------------Fernandinho-------------Rodwell------------------

--------------------------------Silva---------------------------

----------Aguero-----------------------------------Jovetic--------

--------------------------------Negredo------------------------------
Why have you dropped Yaya?
And why 3 forwards, rather than a winger (Navas) or another playmaker (Nasri)?

Why do so many people line up Aguero as basically an attacking mid or a winger? He's not a fantastic dribbler, isn't super fast over more than a couple of yards, rarely scores from far out, and his instinct is to go for goal rather than look to play someone else in. From my recollection, he scores most of his goals from well inside the box. When he plays he should be the main striker, always in or around the box where he can be most effective. He might be our best striker in the box, but he's surely not our best winger or attacking midfielder.

kun said:

When both are at the peak of their games then obviously Yaya would get the nod,however,right now,Yaya is someway off that and really needs to pull his finger out.

I think the 3 lads behind Negredo are all interchangeable and can all drift wide when needed,Silva would hopefully get a free role with the two holding players protecting.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Why do so many people line up Aguero as basically an attacking mid or a winger? He's not a fantastic dribbler, isn't super fast over more than a couple of yards, rarely scores from far out, and his instinct is to go for goal rather than look to play someone else in. From my recollection, he scores most of his goals from well inside the box. When he plays he should be the main striker, always in or around the box where he can be most effective. He might be our best striker in the box, but he's surely not our best winger or attacking midfielder.
He is one of the best dribblers around, he is very quick and often scores from distance. I don't know who you watch?
How many of these aren't either brilliant dribbles, long rangers or goals that show off his pace?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IedNYRTQ-Ss[/youtube]

More dribbling:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07PVcwORyg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLw5ihPZTZk[/youtube]

FantasyIreland said:
kun said:

When both are at the peak of their games then obviously Yaya would get the nod,however,right now,Yaya is someway off that and really needs to pull his finger out.

I think the 3 lads behind Negredo are all interchangeable and can all drift wide when needed,Silva would hopefully get a free role with the two holding players protecting.
Fair points

CaliforniaBlue said:

875.gif

What an utterly ridiculous post. You described Dzeko or any other number pure 9 and not Aguero. Aguero has to be the best dribbler in our team after Silva.

He doesn't score from outside the box? What about the goal on his debut, then against Fulham, Norwich, West Brom, Liverpool in the title winning season or the one against Liverpool the last season?

Ludicrous to suggest that he is merely a poacher.

hart
zab
clichy
komps
nasty
Fernando
yaya
silva
jovetic
aguero
negredo

subs:
navas, milner, rodwell,edin,barry,nasri,lescott,pants

WOW!! what a squad we have!

kun said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
He is one of the best dribblers around, he is very quick and often scores from distance. I don't know who you watch?
How many of these aren't either brilliant dribbles, long rangers or goals that show off his pace?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IedNYRTQ-Ss[/youtube]

More dribbling:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07PVcwORyg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLw5ihPZTZk[/youtube]

I stand by my assertion that he's not a brilliant dribbler because although there are plenty of examples of him performing brilliant dribbles, he also loses the ball and fails to get past defenders more often than not. If you put your head down and try to dribble every time you get the ball, it's going to work sometimes, but it doesn't mean you're a brilliant dribbler. Maybe 'inconsistent' is a better description.

I agree that he's fast over a couple of yards, but when was the last time he beat anyone by pushing it past them and running, a la Bale, Ronaldo, or Hazard? That's speed and Aguero doesn't have it (or at least he doesn't use it if he has).

I also stand by my comment that he rarely scores from outside the box. How many of his 17 goals were from outside the box last season? I haven't counted, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 3, and I think it's fair to call 3/17 rare.

Don't get me wrong, I like and rate Aguero highly, but he does have his weaknesses and his strengths like all players, and I feel that central striker plays much more to his strengths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.