Starting 11 next season

I have my doubts about whether Yaya and Fernandinho would work, especially against stronger opposition away from home. Fernandinho would have to cover a shitload of ground.

Well thats where we will play another midfielder alongside them. Rodwell or Milner have plenty of energy and legs, Barry can sit deep and cover a lot of ground despite plenty of us telling City fans otherwise.

I guess we'll switch fluently from a 4231 to a more defensive 433 in harder or bigger away games.

Obviously Hart will keep goal.

The back four will be fairly consisitent.

The midfield as a three will be between Milner, Rodwell, Barry, Nasri, Ya Ya, Garcia and Fernadinho.

As a two. Barry, Rodewell, Garcia, Ya Ya and Fernandinho.

Aguero, Jovetic, Silva, Nasri, Ya Ya, Milner & Navas will be considered for the three in a 4231.

Aguero, Navas, Nasri, Silva, Jovetic, dzeko and Negredo will all be considered for the three in a 433.

My first choice 433 in a big game against strong oppostition would be.
................Hart...............
Zabba....VK...Nasti.....Clichy
Rodwell..Ya Ya..Fernandinho
....Silva..........Jovetic/Nasri
............Aguero.............

...............Hart................
Zabba...VK...Nasti.....Clichy
.....Ya Ya...Fernandinho......
Navas/Milner...Jovetic...Silva....
......Aguero/Negredo.....

My thoughts only..

Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster i think this is definitely our strongest starting 11

------------------------------------Hart

---Zabaleta--------Kompany----------------Nastasic---------Clichy

---------------------------------Fernandinho

-----------------Yaya Toure------------------------Silva

------Navas----------------------Aguero------------------------Jovetic

-----------------------Hart-------------------------

----Zab------Kompany------Nastasic-----Clichy-----

---------------------Fernandinho--------------------
--------------Yaya---------------Nasri--------------

-----Navas-----------Kun Aguero---------Silva-------

This, I expect a big season from Nasri next year.

I could not pick a starting eleven right now.....I want to see what the four new players have to offer first.

Having said that, I believe Navas and Fernandinho will most probably start against Newcastle.

kun said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
I've had a rethink on this. Since Navas doesnt score any goals - he cant play in a 4-3-3 formation. Neither does Silva.

My gut feeling now is we will play 4-4-2 every game - with two out and out wingers; Navas,Nasri,Milner,Silva. FIRST CHOICE?

HART
ZABALETA
KOMPANY
PEPE
CLICHY

MILNER
FERNANDHINO
YAYA
NAVAS

NEGREDO
AGUERO
Let's just leave out our best player, good idea.

but aguero is there?

so is Kompany?
Yaya?
Hart?

CaliforniaBlue said:
1.618034 said:
Definition: A dribble is the act of running with the ball at feet while maintaining possession. It is often used to take the ball around an opposition player.

I very much doubt this is the definition used in the article. If it is, then there are lots of problems, for example; if a player runs with the ball at his feet for 2 yards, with no opponent anywhere near him, then passes, does that constitute a successful dribble? (Joe Hart should have a 100% success rate for dribbling) If he runs with the ball at his feet for 50 yards with no opponent near him, then passes, is that a dribble, and is it equal to the 2 yard dribble? If a player pushes the ball past an opponent and then runs past him (like most wingers), is that a dribble (the ball's not exactly at the player's feet - but then what's the definition of "ball at feet" - does it have to be within a foot, two feet, a yard?). If a player runs with the ball at his feet past one opponent and then loses it to a second opponent, is that one successful dribble followed by a failed dribble, or is the whole move considered a failed dribble? etc.

OK after a further quick google of "opta stas dribble definition" I got this...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.optasportspro.com/es/acerca-de/blog-optapro/posts/2012/optapro%27s-event-definitions.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.optasportspro.com/es/acerca- ... tions.aspx</a>

Dribbles/Take-ons

This is an attempt by a player to beat an opponent in possession of the ball. A successful dribble means the player beats the defender while retaining possession, unsuccessful ones are where the dribbler is tackled, Opta also log attempted dribbles where the player overruns the ball.

For me the stats should highlight dribbles/take-ons in the final third as this is where there's generally less space to go into and they are more important in this area.

So, for instance, a midfielder's dribbling score will always be higher, eg Yaya's high success rate probably stems from his successful, marauding runs from midfield where he ploughs through rather than dribbles past opponents... But for the purposes of the stats that would be just the same as Aguero's dribble/take-on of the whole rag defence in the derby last year at the swamp.

I'm pretty sure I'm clear on what a dribble is, are you now?

Right I'm off to wipe my chin...

-----------------------Hart-------------------------

----Richards------Kompany------Nastasic-----Clichy-----

---------------------Fernandinho--------------------
--------------Yaya---------------Rodwell--------------

-----Jovetic-----------Kun Aguero---------Silva-------

that would be my team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.