Starting 11 next season

This isn't a contest to see who can smackdown the other, I was genuinely asking for data so that I could change my opinion if I was wrong. My beliefs come from my best interpretation of the available information. I'm not a rigid ideologue - when I get more information it often changes my beliefs.

The data on the website is interesting and I learned a few things that changed some of my beliefs, but I still don't think Aguero's a brilliant dribbler by my definition of brilliant. If you think the numbers show he is a brilliant dribbler, then by your definition you're right.

CaliforniaBlue said:
bluethunder said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
I certainly respect the views of the two posters above, but to prove the point that someone is brilliant at something requires more than just a few examples. If anyone has good data on Aguero's dribbling success rate for the season, that would be much more helpful. After all, just because you know three people who smoked all their lives and lived till they're 90 doesn't mean smoking's good for you, only large data sets can show you that.

according to this website ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.eplindex.com/25211/dribbling-wizardry-2012-13-stats-analysis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eplindex.com/25211/dribbling ... lysis.html</a> ) , between the start of last season until january 2013, sergio aguero made 4.5 dribbles per 90 minute game with a success rate of 54.8% (above average). his success rate is higher than gareth bale, eden hazard, luis suarez and raheem sterling.

However, bluethunder's post failed to mention the "amongst the most frequent dribblers" bit and further down the article (perhaps s/he was so delighted with the first table that s/he didn't bother to look any further)

not at all. the first table is about the most frequent dribblers, the second table in my opinion is useless because it lists players who are not frequent dribblers, players who choose carefully when to dribble.

Definition: A dribble is the act of running with the ball at feet while maintaining possession. It is often used to take the ball around an opposition player.

------------------------Hart------------------------

Zabaleta------Kompany-----Nastasic---------Clichy

----------------Yaya-------Fernandinho------------

------Silva/Navas--------------------Jovetic/Silva--

-----------------Aguero-----Negredo--------------

/

Zabaleta------Kompany-----Nastasic---------Clichy

-----------------Yaya-------Fernandinho------------

------Navas------------Silva*------------Jovetic*---

-----------------------Aguero----------------------

*switching about

4-2-3-1/4-2-2-2 hybrid:

778444_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Zabaleta------Kompany-------Pepe--------Baines

----------------Milner-------Fernandinho------------

------Navas--------------Silva-------------Aguero----

--------------------------Negredo----------------------

With the above additions,i would love to see that line up on the 19th,however,we really do have an embarrassment of riches now and i'm more than confident that this far better balanced squad will prove its worth this season.

FantasyIreland said:

Zabaleta------Kompany-------Pepe--------Baines

----------------Milner-------Fernandinho------------

------Navas--------------Silva-------------Aguero----

--------------------------Negredo----------------------

With the above additions,i would love to see that line up on the 19th,however,we really do have an embarrassment of riches now and i'm more than confident that this far better balanced squad will prove its worth this season.

We will not sign Baines, and Yaya will definitely start if fit. In the words of Rafa 'this is a fact'

I've had a rethink on this. Since Navas doesnt score any goals - he cant play in a 4-3-3 formation. Neither does Silva.

My gut feeling now is we will play 4-4-2 every game - with two out and out wingers; Navas,Nasri,Milner,Silva. FIRST CHOICE?

HART
ZABALETA
KOMPANY
PEPE
CLICHY

MILNER
FERNANDHINO
YAYA
NAVAS

NEGREDO
AGUERO

1.618034 said:
Definition: A dribble is the act of running with the ball at feet while maintaining possession. It is often used to take the ball around an opposition player.

I very much doubt this is the definition used in the article. If it is, then there are lots of problems, for example; if a player runs with the ball at his feet for 2 yards, with no opponent anywhere near him, then passes, does that constitute a successful dribble? (Joe Hart should have a 100% success rate for dribbling) If he runs with the ball at his feet for 50 yards with no opponent near him, then passes, is that a dribble, and is it equal to the 2 yard dribble? If a player pushes the ball past an opponent and then runs past him (like most wingers), is that a dribble (the ball's not exactly at the player's feet - but then what's the definition of "ball at feet" - does it have to be within a foot, two feet, a yard?). If a player runs with the ball at his feet past one opponent and then loses it to a second opponent, is that one successful dribble followed by a failed dribble, or is the whole move considered a failed dribble? etc.

ANY1aBLUE said:
I've had a rethink on this. Since Navas doesnt score any goals - he cant play in a 4-3-3 formation. Neither does Silva.

My gut feeling now is we will play 4-4-2 every game - with two out and out wingers; Navas,Nasri,Milner,Silva. FIRST CHOICE?

HART
ZABALETA
KOMPANY
PEPE
CLICHY

MILNER
FERNANDHINO
YAYA
NAVAS

NEGREDO
AGUERO
Let's just leave out our best player, good idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.