Starting 11 next season

mancitydreamteam said:
I cannot think of a stand out starting 11. The squad is that good. The best way IMO. It will keep the players on there toes knowing the positions are not guaranteed. Hart kompany yaya silva Aguero are the spine of the team. My perfect midfield will be yaya fernandinho and rodwell providing he can stay fit. Jovetic and Aguero have the potential to form a class partnership and with silva roaming around the pitch it's going to be a intrestesting year.

Hart

Zabba
Nasty
Kompany
Clichy
Rodwell
Yaya
Fernando
Silva
Jovetic
Aguero

Alternative is

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Nasty
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Navas
Silva
Jovetic
Aguero

Would seem we wasted a lot of money on Negredo then :-)

Marvin said:
--------------Hart
Richards-Kompany-Garcia-Clichy
----------Fernandinho
------Yaya --------Silva
------------Jovetic
-------Aguero----Negredo

I think our achilles heel may still be the forwards with City seeking to play 2-3 when we'd do better with 5 in midfield, supporting one regular striker

Hello Javi Mate

cibaman said:
Blueroses said:
one thing for sure we will have a ,frightening, awesome bench.

People keep saying jovetic is a striker but I think he was bought more as CAM and guidetti is a 4th choice.

curious how negredo and dzeko will be handled by Pelle.

Does anyone get the feeling negredo is Dzeko's replacement before he leave next season maybe? I get the feeling he is off, maybe it is for the best...

My guess is that they're waiting to see how Guidetti does when fully fit. They'll probably take stock in January. If by then Guidetti has shown that he can justify the 4th striker role and Edin isn't getting that many games, he'll probably go.

Great point. It does conflict what Pellegrini said about Dzeko being an important fixture of the team but Manuel could be telling a bit of a lie!

Personally, I'd rather see Dzeko sold now, but I guess you're right, they really are waiting on Guidetti. I see Guidetti as a like-for-like replacement for Dzeko apart from he can actually dribble and doesn't have an abysmal first touch. Dzeko just has tons more experience.

Caveman said:
--------------------------------------Hart
-----------------------------------
Pantilimon

-----Zabaleta---------Kompany------------Nastasić---------Clichy
-----Richards-----------García---------------Lescott---------Kolarov

----------------------Fernandinho---------Yaya Toure
-------------------------Rodwell----------------Barry

---------Navas----------------------Silva----------------------Jovetić
---------Milner----------------------Nasri----------------------Sinclair

-------------------------------------Agüero
-------------------------------------Negredo

Additional players: Wright, Boyata, Razak, Suarez, Lopes, Džeko, Guidetti

There may be variations to 4222 or 433 but in the last few years Pellegrini has predominantly played 4231.
This

As our squad stands the strongest starting eleven is

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic
Clichy

Y. Toure
Fernandinho

Navas
Silva
Jovetic

Aguero

Subs: Pantilimon, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Nasri, Rodwell, Negredo

Would be more confident if I knew that we'd be playing the same style and set-up as last season.

If we start tinkering with the defence i.e the marking and positions we take up when we don't have the ball, it could take months to adapt

Marvin said:
Would be more confident if I knew that we'd be playing the same style and set-up as last season.

If we start tinkering with the defence i.e the marking and positions we take up when we don't have the ball, it could take months to adapt

You are so random at times, Marv. I certainly frigging hope we don't play same style and set-up next season, and I'd be pretty confident that the vast majority of blues would feel the same.

Hart

Zabba kompany nastasic Clichy

Fernandinho Toure

Navas Silva Jovetic

Aguero

Would go with this team for the big games

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:

You are so random at times, Marv. I certainly frigging hope we don't play same style and set-up next season, and I'd be pretty confident that the vast majority of blues would feel the same.
I don't think you realise the problems that will be caused if we start to man mark at set pieces or start to play a high pressure pressing game in midfield. That wont come together just like that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.