Starting 11 next season

I think for tough away games he'll use a 4-2-3-1 formation and a 4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2 for home games or the so called easier ones.

What about just go for it? We score more then you?
Hart
Zabba kompany nasty
Fernandhino yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero Negredo

yorks blue said:
Hart
Zabba kompany nasty
Fernandhino yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero Negredo

Sweet baby jesus and the disciples. If we ever went with this formation I think it'd probably be the highest scoring game you'd witness.

There will be a lot of rotation, but:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic(Pepe) Clichy
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero

SUBS: Pants, Richards, Lescott, Rodwell, Nasri, Negredo, Dzeko

---------------Hart------------
Richards--Kompany--Nasty--Clichy
-----------Fernandinho---------
--------Yaya -------Silva-------
Navas -------------------Jovetic
-------------Aguero-----------

If Aguero can't put a few in the back of the net with that setup he might as well quit.
We're here to score aren't we...

-- Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:01 pm --

yorks blue said:
Hart
Zabba kompany nasty
Fernandhino yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero Negredo

I like it, full on is the way forward!

I think that Yaya would do us a world of good higher up in the field and forget the DM role.
He would shine and be much happier about his football imo.

Majority of Pellegrini's formations were 4-2-3-1 which I think he will go with as it gives us the most flexibility with subs to switch to a 4-3-3. In some of the most high scoring games of the season win/lose he went with a 4-1-4-1. Only went with a traditional 4-4-2 once the entire season. So take this into account when picking line-ups. This is all based on last season at Malaga,

4-2-3-1: __________Hart_______
Zabaleta___Kompany___Nastasic________Clichy

_________Toure___________Fernandinho____

Navas_______________Silva_____________Jovetic

____________________Agüero_________________

4-3-3: Swap Jovetić and Silva

4-1-4-1: _______Hart______
Richards___Kompany_____Nastasic_____Clichy

____________Fernandinho____________

Navas___Nasri(Toure)______Silva___Jovetić

___________________Negredo__________________
__________________(Agüero)__________________

Here is highlights from a game in which Malaga lined up 4-1-4-1 and won 4-0 http://youtu.be/bcsSj5Ru2aA

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
HART

ZABALETA
KOMPANY
PEPE
CLICHY

FERNANDHINO

NAVAS
YAYA
JOVETIC
NASRI

NEGREDO

You seem to be missing the premierships best striker off that list

Unless the rules have changed - I can only select x11? The Premiership's best striker wasnt at our club last season as far as I recall - and neither were the 2nd 3rd or 4th?
I selected Negredo for his superior heading and holding the ball up qualities. Aguero (i assume you were referring to) has much to prove this season.................<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:00 pm --<br /><br />
analog blue said:
---------------Hart------------
Richards--Kompany--Nasty--Clichy
-----------Fernandinho---------
--------Yaya -------Silva-------
Navas -------------------Jovetic
-------------Aguero-----------

If Aguero can't put a few in the back of the net with that setup he might as well quit.
We're here to score aren't we...

-- Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:01 pm --

yorks blue said:
Hart
Zabba kompany nasty
Fernandhino yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero Negredo

I like it, full on is the way forward!

I think that Yaya would do us a world of good higher up in the field and forget the DM role.
He would shine and be much happier about his football imo.

Navas doesnt score enough goals to play as one of a 3 behind the striker. He would suit 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. He's a winger.
Neither for that matter does Silva.

Nasri,Jovetic and Yaya would - even aguero could play there too.

I don't really care about naming a first 11, not sure it exists, but I definitely expect us to press a lot higher up the pitch. That should let us get away with a slightly lighter weight, but more mobile midfield. I also really hope we stick with zonal marking, it's easily the better way of defending set pieces.

I'm looking forwards to a Navas/Zabba partnership down the right, I think a lot of goals will come from there.

Has to be:

-------------------Hart----------------
Zabaleta---Kompany---Nastasic---Clichy
----------Fernandinho---Yaya----------
Navas-------------Silva----------Jovetic
------------------Aguero---------------

I really struggle to see where some of the other players are going to fit in though. Very hard to keep both Negredo and Dzeko happy. I like Edin, but think we might be better off with moving him on and promoting Guidetti, who's more likely to accept being fourth choice striker. If Guidetti can get fit, maybe that's what will happen in January.

I genuinely have no idea who will start next season. It's going to be very interesting to see how pelle keeps his players happy and how efficiently he rotates his squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.