Starting 11 next season

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
Would be more confident if I knew that we'd be playing the same style and set-up as last season.

If we start tinkering with the defence i.e the marking and positions we take up when we don't have the ball, it could take months to adapt

You are so random at times, Marv. I certainly frigging hope we don't play same style and set-up next season, and I'd be pretty confident that the vast majority of blues would feel the same.
I don't think you realise the problems that will be caused if we start to man mark at set pieces or start to play a high pressure pressing game in midfield. That wont come together just like that

The players have to learn new systems all the time, they play different ones for club and country etc.

MP will impose his new systems from the off, players have already intimated that from training comments.

Quicker we crack on and learn, quicker we get competent.

Have faith, there won;t be many sides in the Prem capable of living with us this season. It's going to be a cracker.

Caveman said:
--------------------------------------Hart
-----------------------------------
Pantilimon

-----Zabaleta---------Kompany------------Nastasić---------Clichy
-----Richards-----------García---------------Lescott---------Kolarov

----------------------Fernandinho---------Yaya Toure
-------------------------Rodwell----------------Barry

---------Navas----------------------Silva----------------------Jovetić
---------Milner----------------------Nasri----------------------Sinclair

-------------------------------------Agüero
-------------------------------------Negredo

Additional players: Wright, Boyata, Razak, Suarez, Lopes, Džeko, Guidetti

There may be variations to 4222 or 433 but in the last few years Pellegrini has predominantly played 4231.

Id swap Jove & Aguero, aguero has a lot more pace than Jove so would work better in an advanced position on the wing

Hart

Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Clichy

Fernandinho Milner

Navas Jovetic Silva

Aguero

I was actually trying to work this out for ages. It's impossible to fit in all the quality we now have in our squad!

Marvin said:
--------------Hart
Richards-Kompany-Garcia-Clichy
----------Fernandinho
------Yaya --------Silva
------------Jovetic
-------Aguero----Negredo

I think our achilles heel may still be the forwards with City seeking to play 2-3 when we'd do better with 5 in midfield, supporting one regular striker

You must have expected more bites with that beauty Marv...?

I think the strength in depth we have combined with Pellegrini's fondness of tactical flexibility, I can see us rotating regularly throughout the league, the cups and the CL unlike Mancini (who opted for a first XI regularly).

If I had to choose two main starting XIs one would be a 4-3-3 and the other a 4-2-3-1.

4-3-3: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho, Silva - Jovetic, Aguero, Navas.

4-2-3-1: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho - Silva, Aguero, Navas - Negredo

I think we might opt for the 4-3-3 in CL games where retaining possession is vital. The 4-2-3-1 would be a deadly side against weaker league teams and in the cups.

It's hard to see how Rodwell, Nasri and Dzeko would figure regularly. Though Rodwell could probably clearly cover for Yaya for the African Cup of Nations and in the League Cup or in the case of injuries etc. Nasri (and possibly even Milner and Sinclair) could fill in for Silva, Jovetic and Navas. No real place for Dzeko though as he can hardly play alongside negredo (he's too similar).

-----------------------------------Hart
-----------------------------------Pantilimon

---------Milner----------------------Nasri----------------------Aguero

-------------------------------------Dzeko

aguerooo93 said:
I think the strength in depth we have combined with Pellegrini's fondness of tactical flexibility, I can see us rotating regularly throughout the league, the cups and the CL unlike Mancini (who opted for a first XI regularly).

If I had to choose two main starting XIs one would be a 4-3-3 and the other a 4-2-3-1.

4-3-3: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho, Silva - Jovetic, Aguero, Navas.

4-2-3-1: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho - Silva, Aguero, Navas - Negredo

I think we might opt for the 4-3-3 in CL games where retaining possession is vital. The 4-2-3-1 would be a deadly side against weaker league teams and in the cups.

It's hard to see how Rodwell, Nasri and Dzeko would figure regularly. Though Rodwell could probably clearly cover for Yaya for the African Cup of Nations and in the League Cup or in the case of injuries etc. Nasri (and possibly even Milner and Sinclair) could fill in for Silva, Jovetic and Navas. No real place for Dzeko though as he can hardly play alongside negredo (he's too similar).
good point, I see us going with only one striker in the line up in Europe as we need more midfield and then in PL going with two strikers as many teams will sit back. Great to have so many options though.

Farzyy said:
Caveman said:
--------------------------------------Hart
-----------------------------------
Pantilimon

---------Milner----------------------Nasri----------------------Sinclair

-------------------------------------Agüero

Additional players: Wright, Boyata, Razak, Suarez, Lopes, Džeko, Guidetti

There may be variations to 4222 or 433 but in the last few years Pellegrini has predominantly played 4231.

Id swap Jove & Aguero, aguero has a lot more pace than Jove so would work better in an advanced position on the wing
Whenever Kun is played out there he's wasted and isn't nearly as good as when he's up top. That's his best position.

But it will be quite fluid. Sometimes Silva and Jovetić may play in each others listed position here.

Fact is it won't be until January at least until we start playing the way Pellegrini wants us to if the system and pressing is really that much different. It will take time however I hope it doesn't hinder results too much. The high pressuring system is definitely the way to go. We got done by it multiple times last season especially in the Champions league. Need to learn to play with it and against it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.