Starting 11 next season

jared said:
Unlike many here, I doubt navas is starting. He is better used as a supersub when we need to unlock stubborn defences, together with negredo. A good plan B. jovetic silva aguero or dezko would start in front of him.
I agree. I think we will play a 4231 with Navas coming on to replace on of the 3 and change the shape to a 422w1 with that w being Navas standing on the sideline leaving us essentially to play with 10 men until he's given the ball and the opposition are baffled by his speed.

I also think that Pellegrini wants another right winger because this tactic will be critical this season so he'll need someone else should Navas get injured. Not a left winger because we would never play with 2 wingers at the same time and because he wants the direction of play to be constant for those getting on the end of the winger's balls. Now now people!

Ps I like our spine but I also like our limbs.

ANY1aBLUE said:
I can see us playing either 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1.

Players bought and have already, suggest always playing wingers. At home just fernandhino as holding midfield player.

HART

ZABALETA
KOMPANY
PEPE
CLICHY

FERNANDHINO

NAVAS
YAYA
SILVA
JOVETIC

NEGREDO

if we are to play more attacking football, as stated, then a holding midfield player has to be swapped for a more attacking one.........

Negredo is backup for Dzeko.

I think most on here would agree (give or take one or two players) that the team below would be our 'best' line up. Although i agree with the poster who said the spine of the team (VK,Yaya,Silva and Aguero) picks itself and the gaps around will be filled depending on form, fitness and the standard of opposition.

..............Hart...........
Zab..VK....Nasti....Clichy
....Yaya..........Fern......
.............Silva.............
...Navas............Jova...
...........Aguero............

The problem last season was when one or more of the 'spine' were missing, as happend on many occasions, there was a lack of quality in depth to compensate. With the new players coming in we now seem far better equiped to cope.
Infact if we were faced with the nightmare scenario of having all four out at the same time, we could still field the following eleven!

..............Hart..............
Zab..Micah...Lescott..Clichy
....Rodwell......Fern.........
..............Nasri...............
....Navas.............Jova....
............Negredo.............

Whilst Micah isn't everyones cup of tea at CB, that still looks like a pretty strong line-up and its just dawned on me that neither team includes Milner who was one of our most consistent players last season, top scorer Edin Dzeko or the reliable Gaz Baz!
If we could off-load Kola, Sinclair and maybe Garcia then use the combined fees/wages to bring in another quality CB, add two or three EDS lads to the squad, i think we would have a pretty formidable squad for next season! :)

hello friends.

this i believe will be the default formation and line up:

--------------------------------------Hart
-----------------------------------Pantilimon

-----Zabaleta---------Kompany------------Nastasić---------Clichy
-----Richards-----------lescott---------------Garcia---------Kolarov

----------------------Yaya Toure------------Fernandinho
-------------------------Rodwell----------------Barry

---------Navas----------------------Aguero----------------------Silva
---------Milner----------------------Jovetic----------------------Nasri

-------------------------------------Dzeko
-------------------------------------Negredo

citytill1die84 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
CTID101 said:
No Aguero?
lol.

You need to have your head checked if you don't think Aguero is going to be the main striker.

Why buy Negredo then? Personally, I didnt think Aguero did enough as centre forward last season.

Perhaps it had something to do with injuries? Aguero shits all over any of our strikers.

Classy, thoughtful reply...................Don't get so childishly defensive - everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine happens to be that we should play one striker - either Dzeko or Negredo to hold the ball up and provide height in the box. They will need width i.e wingers = Navas,Nasri,Silva,Jovetic,Milner - I assume thats why we bought wingers?
Aguero can play in a three behind IF we play 4-2-3-1. OR he can play centre forward in a 4-3-3 formation. We have flexibility now for any formation and its open to debate/discussion as to what the new manager will choose. Your guess is obviously far better than mine, but I happen to think we MAY start 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1.
Aguero will have to fight for his place the same as all the others and his 'return' last season wasnt good enough - injured or not!

ANY1aBLUE said:
I can see us playing either 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1.

Players bought and have already, suggest always playing wingers. At home just fernandhino as holding midfield player.

HART

ZABALETA
KOMPANY
PEPE
CLICHY

FERNANDHINO

NAVAS
YAYA
SILVA
JOVETIC

NEGREDO

if we are to play more attacking football, as stated, then a holding midfield player has to be swapped for a more attacking one.........
Aguero?

ANY1aBLUE said:
citytill1die84 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Why buy Negredo then? Personally, I didnt think Aguero did enough as centre forward last season.

Perhaps it had something to do with injuries? Aguero shits all over any of our strikers.

Classy, thoughtful reply...................Don't get so childishly defensive - everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine happens to be that we should play one striker - either Dzeko or Negredo to hold the ball up and provide height in the box. They will need width i.e wingers = Navas,Nasri,Silva,Jovetic,Milner - I assume thats why we bought wingers?
Aguero can play in a three behind IF we play 4-2-3-1. OR he can play centre forward in a 4-3-3 formation. We have flexibility now for any formation and its open to debate/discussion as to what the new manager will choose. Your guess is obviously far better than mine, but I happen to think we MAY start 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1.
Aguero will have to fight for his place the same as all the others and his 'return' last season wasnt good enough - injured or not!

we played the 4-2-3-1 in south africa, we're not going to switch to 4-3-3.

the reason we got negredo is because we need 2 players in each position. it really is that simple. people who think were going to play 4-3-3 are mistaken.

CTID101 said:
No Aguero?
lol.

You need to have your head checked if you don't think Aguero is going to be the main striker.

our main strikers will be dzeko and negredo. jovetic and aguero are second strikers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.