Starting 11 next season

BlueBilly said:
Has to be:

-------------------Hart----------------
Zabaleta---Kompany---Nastasic---Clichy
----------Fernandinho---Yaya----------
Navas-------------Silva----------Jovetic
------------------Aguero---------------

I really struggle to see where some of the other players are going to fit in though. Very hard to keep both Negredo and Dzeko happy.

My thoughts as well. Maybe Pellegrini will use Aguero on the left sometimes, allowing for Edin/Alvaro to take the point?

I think Guidetti will be sent out on loan this season yet again, which is probably the best thing. Let's get him back in shape, fully fit and send him back to Holland for a full season of competitive games. Next summer, Edin will leave and John takes his place.

all the formation is based on the opponent.

---------------------------> HART<------------------------------------

PABLO/MICAH ------KOMPANY ----NASTASTIC/ ? -------CLICHY/KOROLOV

-----------------------------> YAYA <---------------------------------

NAVAS -------------SILVA ------------------JOVETIC -----------------NASRI

------------------------->DZEKO <-----> NEGREDO <-------------------------

THIS CAN BE CHANGE LIKE AGUERO INSTEAD OF NASRI OR NAVAS.

CITY IS DEFINITELY NEEDS A LEFT FOOTED WINGER LIKE DI MARIA OR GAITAN NOT SALVIO.

FERNANDINHO IS IN EXPERIENCE TO START A GAME SO HE START FROM THE BENCH.

ALSO WE NEED WORLD CLASS CENTRE BACK INSTEAD OF NASTASTIC, I AM STILL HAVE A DOUBT ON HIS ABILITY SO IF WE BID ON THIAGO SILVA OR HUMMULES OR SOBOTIC.

luckyadeel78 said:

CITY IS DEFINITELY NEEDS A LEFT FOOTED WINGER LIKE DI MARIA OR GAITAN NOT SALVIO.

ALSO WE NEED WORLD CLASS CENTRE BACK INSTEAD OF NASTASTIC, I AM STILL HAVE A DOUBT ON HIS ABILITY SO IF WE BID ON THIAGO SILVA OR HUMMULES OR SOBOTIC.
Dear lord, please tell me this is a joke

NoahCity said:
aguerooo93 said:
I think the strength in depth we have combined with Pellegrini's fondness of tactical flexibility, I can see us rotating regularly throughout the league, the cups and the CL unlike Mancini (who opted for a first XI regularly).

If I had to choose two main starting XIs one would be a 4-3-3 and the other a 4-2-3-1.

4-3-3: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho, Silva - Jovetic, Aguero, Navas.

4-2-3-1: Hart - Clichy, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta - Toure, Fernandinho - Silva, Aguero, Navas - Negredo

I think we might opt for the 4-3-3 in CL games where retaining possession is vital. The 4-2-3-1 would be a deadly side against weaker league teams and in the cups.

It's hard to see how Rodwell, Nasri and Dzeko would figure regularly. Though Rodwell could probably clearly cover for Yaya for the African Cup of Nations and in the League Cup or in the case of injuries etc. Nasri (and possibly even Milner and Sinclair) could fill in for Silva, Jovetic and Navas. No real place for Dzeko though as he can hardly play alongside negredo (he's too similar).
good point, I see us going with only one striker in the line up in Europe as we need more midfield and then in PL going with two strikers as many teams will sit back. Great to have so many options though.

I actually believe that we will see more of the "little and large" partnerships...simply because "short-pacey" strikers Aguero-Jovetic and "big-strong" lads Negredo-Dzeko are too similar to be paired...

anyway...one thing is for sure...no one really knows what Pellegrini has in mind because none of the two pre-season matches in RSA were anything more than fitness sessions...

Why is Pants being mentioned so much?

Has he signed a new contract? I thought he was on the way out after his pre-FA Cup Final comments!

Off topic, but you can understand what a tough job a manager has at a top club trying to keep his multi-millionaire fringe players happy.

When Joe Mercer was manager in 1967/8, the team normally picked itself every week..with the exception of Dowd/Mulhearn

There will be only two formations next year,

Formation 1 the Balkans Team

......................Pants

Richards....Kompany.....Nasty........Kolorov

...................Rodwell.........Barry

Milner......................Jovetic...........Nasri

........................Dzeko

Formation 2 ........The "Spanish" Team

.....................Hart

Zab...........Garcia..........Lescott........Clichy

....................Fernandhino......Yaya

Navas.................Aguero.................Silva

.......................Negredo

If those were to play a competitive friendly match I wonder who would win?

Balkans 2...........Spanish 3.

:-)

kun said:
luckyadeel78 said:

Dear lord, please tell me this is a joke

Other then the shit about Nastastic i agree with that setup.

luckyadeel78 said:

Wins prize of ; ' least likely to be seen' and 'silliest additional comment' - well done!

Gunna have to be a lot of rotation to keep people sweet. It seems like we have 4 strikers vying for 1 position, although Jovetic can play wide, but this should be interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.