Starting to lose its soul ?

Scottyboi said:
Shit fans, rather we knocked the 3rd tiers off as they offer fuck all to the atmospere. Leaving with 15 minutes to go the sad *****. And jesus the amount of half n half scarves are crazy. Love citeh hate city fans.We are in a semi final and all people were arsed about was beating the traffic!

Definitely this. Can't be singularly pointed at city fans though. The state of modern football. Demographic has changed drastically in recent years.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Also the City fans that attended the 81 Quarter Final Replay, probably were a more local bunch than today's supporters. Sadly people that have longer journeys will feel the need to beat the traffic.

I had a 2 hour drive back last night over a snowy penines. Against Reading at home I stayed until the 95th minute and the same journey took me 3 hours and 15 mins. That is a huge difference made worse if there are young children in the car too.

I would like to stay, but what I don't want are those extra few minutes watching to subsequently cause my wife and kids to say they don't fancy going anymore due to the time taken to get back.

blue12 said:
That quarter final you were talking about was a fantastic night and one of the best atmospheres I have ever been involved in, I was 15 years old and was awestruck ,yesterday like you said the game was over from the moment the first goal went in against a very poor team.
I personally was like that 15 year old boy again last night and have the little hangover to prove it , been looking at train prices for that weekend can't wait .

i was the same mate buzzing at thought of wembley . how much are the train tickets mate

danebanksheik said:
Inter Me Nan said:
I was buzzing until i got in the car home and had to listening to people phoning into GMR moaning about this that & the other!!!
Anyway circumstance stopped me going last time so defo going this time & can't wait.
Think it was a rag infested phone-in despite Wagg trying to get them to give their blue history.

"Its a joke -We should be scoring more against Barnsley if United can score 4 at home against Norwich", from a caller who had suggested Gleghorn was a legend and great player as his opening gambit

From another - "Mancini clearly arguing with Tevez when he came off why did he not give him a hug" ffs
Ha ha I heard all this and also thought WTF.

oakiecokie said:
Never mind about losing our soul !! I lost me fucking glasses and elbow crutches and £50 bastard quid !!.

You probably lost your soul as well.

It'll still be in Mary Ds

I couldn't believe how many people headed for the bar after 35 minutes. I was sat on the end of a row and could hardly see us attacking their goal for the amount of people piling up the steps. Then it's 10 minutes into the 2nd half before everyone has sat back down and then people piling out with 10 minutes to go. It's like a ruddy baseball match!

I know where you are coming from,but speaking as an old git I for one am still very excited at another semi final and possible final of the FA cup,I suppose I still have that boyhood excitement in me from the old days when the cup really was something special.These days the younger element see it as on the same level as the league cup,hell I still see the league cup as something special just like 1970 and 1976,as I said I am an old git and easily excited,why only the other day I had a semi when I saw a lady's ankle !

MaineRoadBlue said:
Familiarity breeds contempt.

Also the City fans that attended the 81 Quarter Final Replay, probably were a more local bunch than today's supporters. Sadly people that have longer journeys will feel the need to beat the traffic.

I had a 2 hour drive back last night over a snowy penines. Against Reading at home I stayed until the 95th minute and the same journey took me 3 hours and 15 mins. That is a huge difference made worse if there are young children in the car too.

I would like to stay, but what I don't want are those extra few minutes watching to subsequently cause my wife and kids to say they don't fancy going anymore due to the time taken to get back.

Why would City fans then be more local?

The vast majority of fans still to this day live within an hour or two of the ground, I suspect it was not much different in the 80's, we are talking the 1980's not the 1880's

Like I said the result was a foregone conclusion, I know it's the FA cup but it was against a really poor team. Now lets see who we get in the Semis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.