Starting XI for next season, your prediction.

Tevez City said:
--------------Hart-------------

Richards---Komp---Boateng---Baines

----------Yaya---NDJ-------------

Hazard---Pastore----Silva-----

-------Tevez---------------
Fixed

------------------Hart--------------

Richards---Kompany--Lescott--Baines

------------Yaya-------De Jong-----

--Sanchez--------Nasri-------Silva--

----------------Tevez---------------

------------------Hart
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Vertonghen
------------de Jong--Barry
--------Sanchez--Yaya--Silva
----------------Tevez

TheSituation said:
------------------Hart
----------------Tevez
This is [robably very likely. But sad in my opinion. We still wouldn't be strong enough. We need Pastore!

Dax777 said:
TheSituation said:
------------------Hart
----------------Tevez
This is probably very likely. But sad in my opinion. We still wouldn't be strong enough. We need Pastore!
Yeah it's not the side I'd like to see but it's what I can see lining up in the early stages of next season. I'd rather Yaya played deeper and carried the ball from deep, then played Silva in the middle with a direct winger, such as Hazard, or Balotelli, out wide.

As for our chances, I think that side is good enough to challenge for the title and push on to the latter stages of the CL. The second half of the season was very promising, the tempo seemed to be more controlled, there were more chances being created, I think winning 15 out of our last 16 home games says it all in regards to our form. We finished joint second on points in what was the side's first real season together, keep the continuity, our chemistry was visibly improving as the season progressed. I think the added solidarity of Vertonghen and the explosive nature of Sanchez would be enough to take us from 10 points behing United to fighting toe to toe with them.

TheSituation said:
------------------Hart
----------------Tevez

Vertonghen at LB? You gotta be kidding me :D....

He can play there but thats not his strongest position. If Mancini needs a good defensive LB for a game. Then you can put him there. But there is no way he will come here to play there regulary.

He will partner Kompany.

Hart

Richards
Coentrao
Vertonghen
Kompany

Yaya
De Jong
Gourcuff

Balotelli
Silva
Tevez/Dzeko

We need a good defensive LB for every game. Lescott won't be dropped as things stand, you don't break up a working partnership like Kompany and Lescott without good reason. It'd take a good few months for Vertonghen to displace Lescott in the side, and that's assuming Lescott plays poorly and Vertonghen impresses at CB. Leekens seems to rate Vertonghen at LB and plays him there regularly, experiments aside, and despite being a shit coach, he's obviously seen enough of the lad to assess whether he's good enough at LB or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.