State Pension Increases

I think they used to call it "Being happy with your lot." I remember the times of high unemployment in the eighties, the saying then was, "You're lucky to have a job." All little soundbites they use which really mean, "Shut the fuck up and work harder, how dare you expect more from life!"

Do you expect things to change mate? Are the poor downtrodden masses suddenly going to get their piece of the pie? Is this century going to be the one where we finally put it right?

There are tiers of pension poverty as there are poverty in general, there always will be because there isn't enough money in the world available to make us all rich or relatively well off.

Isn't it the rolling year? They use the rolling year September figure to regulate increases in other areas, so thought it would be the same for this rather than just the one month.
When I worked in the Revenue/HMRC (I took early retirement 16 years ago this month), pay rises were linked to the RPI. From memory, I think it was the August figure which determined our pay rise for the following year, payable the following April. For some strange reason, it always appeared that the RPI tended to dip slightly in August, then went on it's merry way thereafter. Probably just a coincidence.

Do you expect things to change mate? Are the poor downtrodden masses suddenly going to get their piece of the pie? Is this century going to be the one where we finally put it right?

There are tiers of pension poverty as there are poverty in general, there always will be because there isn't enough money in the world available to make us all rich or relatively well off.

Sadly I don't although there are signs people are becoming more aware. The problem is the wealthy haven't kept the status quo by accident. They are cunning and ruthless in doing so.

That's another myth. There certainly is enough money to allow everybody to have a more comfortable life, the problem is the 1% owning most of it won't share it.

Hurry up and die for fucks sake, don’t you know you are only supposed to work until you die, your not supposed to do anything else in this country.
Getting a mixed message from HMG. On the one hand trying to freeze or starve us oldies to death, but at the same time keeping us going with Covid jabs. Not sure whether to book a holiday or a funeral plan!

Life is a con. They advise you to do the right thing, work hard, save for your future and retirement but give you fuck all if you do. Not only that but if your meagre private pension combined with your state one pushes you over the £12,750 tax threshold then they tax you. So any increases to deal with inflation gets eaten up by paying tax. How about raising the tax thresholds for pensioners to £18-20,000 a year? That's not a massive amount anyway. The people who've shirked their whole lives had the right idea. No stress of work and commuting, total freedom and help with paying all their bills. I was a mug, they were the clever ones.
Great idea re the tax threshold for pensioners

Getting a mixed message from HMG. On the one hand trying to freeze or starve us oldies to death, but at the same time keeping us going with Covid jabs. Not sure whether to book a holiday or a funeral plan!

Well I'm not going down the rabbit hole of the covid jabs but some say they don't actually keep people going.

Not state pension related, but one for us senior citizens to discuss.
I have had 2 emails from City recently regarding away game tickets.
(Wolves and Newcastle games )
Firstly, concession price for FOCs is now 66 years and over. It was 65 and over until this season.
Secondly, the concession rate for over 66 is either £1 or £2 less than the full adult rate.
So not much of a concession from these greedy Premier League clubs.
Although concessions for young adults (16-25 year old) are also a very paltry reduction from the full adult price.
With all the money that is sloshing around in the PL ,it really is pure greed that these clubs are giving very few reductions on ticket prices.
Whatever happened to " 20 is plenty" !!!

Not state pension related, but one for us senior citizens to discuss.
I have had 2 emails from City recently regarding away game tickets.
(Wolves and Newcastle games )
Firstly, concession price for FOCs is now 66 years and over. It was 65 and over until this season.
Secondly, the concession rate for over 66 is either £1 or £2 less than the full adult rate.
So not much of a concession from these greedy Premier League clubs.
Although concessions for young adults (16-25 year old) are also a very paltry reduction from the full adult price.
With all the money that is sloshing around in the PL ,it really is pure greed that these clubs are giving very few reductions on ticket prices.
Whatever happened to " 20 is plenty" !!!

Bloody hell that's terrible. I stopped doing away games a while ago barring cup finals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.