State Pension Increases

Bloody hell that's terrible. I stopped doing away games a while ago barring cup finals.
I've got 8350 loyalty points,so nowhere near enough for PL away games with an allocation of @ 3,000.
But if I had enough points, I would expect a reduction of a £10 for an over 65/66 .
Otherwise they may as well not bother giving concessions, and just charge everybody the full adult rate.
Greedy twats, is all I can say.

Now 30 years.

You usually need a total of 30 qualifying years of National Insurance contributions or credits to get the full basic State Pension.

This means that for 30 years, one or more of the following applied to you:

you were working and paying National Insurance
you were getting National Insurance Credits, for example you were unemployed, sick, or a parent or carer
you were paying voluntary National Insurance contributions

The second paragraph is the main bit. If you were unemployed they paid your national insurance for you so you would still get the basic state pension.
You are wrong.
The new state pension requires 35 full years to get the full amount and 10 full years to get anything.
You are quoting the old rules.

I took early retirement 6 years ago. I had 43 years of contributions. I won't get the full state pension though as my navy pension was contracted out. I never had a say in contracting out and if I hadn't have been contracted out I would get another £46 a month. I will get more than the basic state pension though.
You are getting the £46 a month in your navy pension

Life is a con. They advise you to do the right thing, work hard, save for your future and retirement but give you fuck all if you do. Not only that but if your meagre private pension combined with your state one pushes you over the £12,750 tax threshold then they tax you. So any increases to deal with inflation gets eaten up by paying tax. How about raising the tax thresholds for pensioners to £18-20,000 a year? That's not a massive amount anyway. The people who've shirked their whole lives had the right idea. No stress of work and commuting, total freedom and help with paying all their bills. I was a mug, they were the clever ones.
I have been saying this to my wife about tax thresholds once you retire, most people have some sort of private pension, once it goes up next April with the triple lock kicking in then many more pensioners will have to pay more tax. They basically do not want any of us to have any little luxuries without paying tax, and you get this lot of MP,s claiming for pens, paperclips and Netflix subscriptions.

You are wrong.
The new state pension requires 35 full years to get the full amount and 10 full years to get anything.
You are quoting the old rules.

In the words of our old pal Arthur Fonzarelli - Correctamundo !!

I have been saying this to my wife about tax thresholds once you retire, most people have some sort of private pension, once it goes up next April with the triple lock kicking in then many more pensioners will have to pay more tax. They basically do not want any of us to have any little luxuries without paying tax, and you get this lot of MP,s claiming for pens, paperclips and Netflix subscriptions.

It's ridiculous. I understand if you've got a large pension but for smaller ones it shouldn't apply. All people want is some fairness and a bit of the cake but the fuckers don't even want us to have that.

That can't be correct. If you were contracted out you paid less national insurance which went into your private pension. As a result you didn't get the serps top up on the state pension.

May be correct, it is for me, depends on when and how long for you were contracted out. If you still make full NI contributions for 35 years you get full state pension AND the private pension you contributed to whilst you were contracted out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.