State Pension Increases

Disgrace really we are the mugs for putting up with it, would soon change if you started hanging the bastards haha.

They do a great job of convincing us there is no other way, that this is just the way it is and to accept our lot. The media constantly flood us with this mantra. When you look at who owns the media you know why. For as long as I can remember I seem to have heard, "Times are hard, we have to tighten our belts, make cuts, blah blah blah." You start to look at the millions, in some cases billions of pounds profit a lot of big companies make and you realise it's bollocks. They just want all the cake themselves.

May be correct, it is for me, depends on when and how long for you were contracted out. If you still make full NI contributions for 35 years you get full state pension AND the private pension you contributed to whilst you were contracted out

Yes. They stopped the contracting out in 2016 I believe.

I get my RAF pension at 60, Tax free lump and about 345 pm which increases the same as the state pension. Still another 10 to go till i get my state pension.

Are they not both indexed linked to CPI?

My private pension is pretty complicated. Only certain percentages rise so the rise is never great. It works out around £25 a year. In comparison my sister has a works pension from the Refuge that has just risen £64 a month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.