Stefan Ortega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think City would be far more accommodating with him being a no.2 keeper. Honestly, if you’re to treat players as human beings, like City do, I think you have to recognise when a player who barely plays has an opportunity of a lifetime. Just think it’s totally different with reserve keepers. They might be the only players in a squad that are actually doing their club a favour, by being happy to just play the odd cup game. This move can even get him national team caps. I don’t think it would take more than £25m to sign him. That’s £25m pure profit on our books too. £50m is fanciful. He’s 30 and a no.2 keeper. That limits the price a lot.
How would you replace him with £25m?
Sure you could get someone cheap and cheerful and experienced but whose idea of a pass out under pressure is a 60 yard hoof. A keeper who is comfortable with the ball at their feet is an integral part of our strength.

Are there any cheap experienced keepers who are good with feet ?
How cheap?

Timo Horn left F.C. Köln and is a free agent. Is he world class? Of course not. However, he isn't bad (not great, isn't bad) with the ball at his feet. I do think he'd be a fine #2 keeper.

I'd be ok with that Rulli fella but I am not sure he'd leave Ajax to sit on our bench.

Timo Horn would be decent signing for Bayern instead of sniffing around Ortega. Rulli would be a good option for them lot too.

Last edited:
Hopefully he stays but I bet he’d jump at the chance to go if he could. Becomes the first choice at the biggest club in his home country

Remind Ortega that he is contracted and that he left it too late to move. Why should we be doing Buyern any favor? The hassle and the potential problems we will face without a competent backup keeper will not be worth the fee those Munich trolls will offer. No less than 50m or tell them to shop at their favorite stores, the other Bundesliga clubs.

Hope he doesn’t go. Don’t see him to far Behind Eddie in overall ability. No one has better distribution than Eddie but Ortega is pretty good at that also. Never felt so comfortable when a second keeper plays as info with Ortega.

How would you replace him with £25m?
Sure you could get someone cheap and cheerful and experienced but whose idea of a pass out under pressure is a 60 yard hoof. A keeper who is comfortable with the ball at their feet is an integral part of our strength.
Perhaps we could get De Gea on a free.

Same old Munchen Rags tactic, unsettle a player at another club. They do it all the time in the Bundesliga. Cunts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.