Stefan Savic

Excellent effort Marvin.

Are you on the jazz woodbines?

Close, but no cigar.

The front leader - in a packed field - for the dumbest post so far in the last month is BlueCityfan. Punching well above his weight, he has excelled.

Mancini last night claimed to have wrapped up a £6 million deal for 21-year-old Montenegro defender Stefan Savic, who impressed against England in their Euro 2012 qualifier at Wembley last season, while club officials also hope to complete a £7m move for Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy in the next week.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010666/Bellamy-frozen-Mancini-names-City-chosen-ones.html#ixzz1Qzv7jF8h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1Qzv7jF8h</a>

If he's goods enough to compete with lescott, and toure is going to be sold, he is a good signing. If he's bought for the future and blocks boyatas progress then I see no point in him .

Will reserve judgement until I see him. I do feel we need a centre half but only a 'top liner'.

Didsbury Dave said:
If he's goods enough to compete with lescott, and toure is going to be sold, he is a good signing. If he's bought for the future and blocks boyatas progress then I see no point in him .

Will reserve judgement until I see him. I do feel we need a centre half but only a 'top liner'.

So we should not buy a young central defender or a player for the future in case it blocks Boyatas progress? So we should only have one young defender trying to push through to the first team at any time, any more than that having no point? So Boyatas definately going to be good enough so we can put all our eggs in one basket with him?

I dont see it that way as it stands, Boyata has shown games of great promise and games where he appeared out of his depth and is by no means guaranteed to 'make it'. Obviously like you I'll have to reserve judgement on whether Savic is what we need, but I disagree fundamentally with your premise of dont buy for the future and the Boyata blocking theory.

Monkfish said:
Didsbury Dave said:

So we should not buy a young central defender or a player for the future in case it blocks Boyatas progress? So we should only have one young defender trying to push through to the first team at any time, any more than that having no point? So Boyatas definately going to be good enough so we can put all our eggs in one basket with him?

I dont see it that way as it stands, Boyata has shown games of great promise and games where he appeared out of his depth and is by no means guaranteed to 'make it'. Obviously like you I'll have to reserve judgement on whether Savic is what we need, but I disagree fundamentally with your premise of dont buy for the future and the Boyata blocking theory.

Bacon Face has spent nigh on £30m for Smalling and Jones. He doesn't believe in having just the one young ecntral defender. Competition is good.

Didsbury Dave said:

COMPETE WITH LESCOTT ???!!!!! I was rather hoping for someone better, otherwise we're not moving forward.
Does anyone seriously think Lescott is World Class or can take us to the next level?
Dont give me this crud about 'best defence last year'. We played with six defenders and didnt score enough goals because of it. We have to find a way of only having to play ONE holding midfireld player, and only playing Barry in the early rounds of the League Cup! ....................

ANY1aBLUE said:
Didsbury Dave said:

COMPETE WITH LESCOTT ???!!!!! I was rather hoping for someone better, otherwise we're not moving forward.
Does anyone seriously think Lescott is World Class or can take us to the next level?
Dont give me this crud about 'best defence last year'. We played with six defenders and didnt score enough goals because of it. We have to find a way of only having to play ONE holding midfireld player, and only playing Barry in the early rounds of the League Cup! ....................
You think we played Barry and De Jong to cover a weak back line?

I don't think so. Barry was in the team to retain and pass the ball. When we lose the ball, his lack of pace means he's not that effective as a defensive midfielder. He's described as defensive because he plays in a deep role, but I think of him more as a quarter-back dictating the flow of our game.

Lescott has proved you wrong, and you'd be better off taking the blinkers off. We all call things wrong, but most of us will admit it when we do, or at the very least stop making the same silly claims<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:50 am --<br /><br />
Monkfish said:
Marvin said:
graham baker said:
A friend of mine from Balkan has pretty much confirmed this deal.

He firmly believes this is a good deal for City. Savic is a proper talent!
What was the point of Boateng then? No point buying central defenders because like Boateng they wont play

Congrats Marvin, you've shot into the top 10 most ridiculous posts in this thread, and if you've read the bobbins in this thread you'll know thats quite an achievement
I am not commenting on his ability, but at the log jam of defenders we have at the club. We are in danger of losing an outstanding defender in Boateng because he can't play in his favoured position, and now were are linked with another defender.

Only makes sense if we are selling players. And I wouldn't dismantle the best defence in the Premiership

Personally ,I think Boyata should be given a good number of games for us this season and not loaned out. Slavic will have been checked out as well so either our scouts are shit because they did not go for the great English player Jones ...?.The player who upon signing for United becomes the captain of The England under 21,s ...why..? . [he plays for united ] Do people always think that exhorbitant fees equal quality players.South American players go for relatively small fees to Spain,Portugal or Italy.Common language,climate ,tax and immigration being strong incentives. Then premier league clubs often move in for them . Compared to English players they often have superior technical ability and are cheaper. United and Liverpool have paid over the top for English players so far, lets see how it pans out this coming season . And we have not finished spending yet, so give our signings the benefit of the doubt before discarding them cos they don,t cost enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.