Stefan Savic

penalty spot said:
Personally ,I think Boyata should be given a good number of games for us this season and not loaned out. Slavic will have been checked out as well so either our scouts are shit because they did not go for the great English player Jones ...?.The player who upon signing for United becomes the captain of The England under 21,s ...why..? . [he plays for united ] Do people always think that exhorbitant fees equal quality players.South American players go for relatively small fees to Spain,Portugal or Italy.Common language,climate ,tax and immigration being strong incentives. Then premier league clubs often move in for them . Compared to English players they often have superior technical ability and are cheaper. United and Liverpool have paid over the top for English players so far, lets see how it pans out this coming season . And we have not finished spending yet, so give our signings the benefit of the doubt before discarding them cos they don,t cost enough.
Very fair comment regarding the players potential - but will he get the opportunity of realising it? That's my doubt

1907998.jpg

Diego+Milito+1.jpg

Is it just me or do they look alike? Savic shares the same 60s/70s look.

Marvin said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If he's goods enough to compete with lescott, and toure is going to be sold, he is a good signing. If he's bought for the future and blocks boyatas progress then I see no point in him .

Will reserve judgement until I see him. I do feel we need a centre half but only a 'top liner'.

COMPETE WITH LESCOTT ???!!!!! I was rather hoping for someone better, otherwise we're not moving forward.
Does anyone seriously think Lescott is World Class or can take us to the next level?
Dont give me this crud about 'best defence last year'. We played with six defenders and didnt score enough goals because of it. We have to find a way of only having to play ONE holding midfireld player, and only playing Barry in the early rounds of the League Cup! ....................
You think we played Barry and De Jong to cover a weak back line?

I don't think so. Barry was in the team to retain and pass the ball. When we lose the ball, his lack of pace means he's not that effective as a defensive midfielder. He's described as defensive because he plays in a deep role, but I think of him more as a quarter-back dictating the flow of our game.

Lescott has proved you wrong, and you'd be better off taking the blinkers off. We all call things wrong, but most of us will admit it when we do, or at the very least stop making the same silly claims

-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:50 am --

Monkfish said:
Marvin said:
What was the point of Boateng then? No point buying central defenders because like Boateng they wont play

Congrats Marvin, you've shot into the top 10 most ridiculous posts in this thread, and if you've read the bobbins in this thread you'll know thats quite an achievement
I am not commenting on his ability, but at the log jam of defenders we have at the club. We are in danger of losing an outstanding defender in Boateng because he can't play in his favoured position, and now were are linked with another defender.

Only makes sense if we are selling players. And I wouldn't dismantle the best defence in the Premiership

Barry is there mainly as a defensive midfielder, slightly different to DeJong, more a game reader than an out & out tackler & as a cog in the team to help the other bits function as they should. It's an often unseen role but a very important one. He spots potential danger & stops it before it starts, using his brains rather than pace. The reason he plays for us & for England, in spite of his obvious deficiencies is because he's the best at doing that job.

If there was someone younger, fitter, faster & better at it than Barry they would play instead but they are few & far between. that's why Gerrard was keen to get him to Liverpool. Milner could become that player but has to learn to think like Barry does.

Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
COMPETE WITH LESCOTT ???!!!!! I was rather hoping for someone better, otherwise we're not moving forward.
Does anyone seriously think Lescott is World Class or can take us to the next level?
Dont give me this crud about 'best defence last year'. We played with six defenders and didnt score enough goals because of it. We have to find a way of only having to play ONE holding midfireld player, and only playing Barry in the early rounds of the League Cup! ....................
You think we played Barry and De Jong to cover a weak back line?

I don't think so. Barry was in the team to retain and pass the ball. When we lose the ball, his lack of pace means he's not that effective as a defensive midfielder. He's described as defensive because he plays in a deep role, but I think of him more as a quarter-back dictating the flow of our game.

Lescott has proved you wrong, and you'd be better off taking the blinkers off. We all call things wrong, but most of us will admit it when we do, or at the very least stop making the same silly claims

-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:50 am --

Monkfish said:
Congrats Marvin, you've shot into the top 10 most ridiculous posts in this thread, and if you've read the bobbins in this thread you'll know thats quite an achievement
I am not commenting on his ability, but at the log jam of defenders we have at the club. We are in danger of losing an outstanding defender in Boateng because he can't play in his favoured position, and now were are linked with another defender.

Only makes sense if we are selling players. And I wouldn't dismantle the best defence in the Premiership

Barry is there mainly as a defensive midfielder, slightly different to DeJong, more a game reader than an out & out tackler & as a cog in the team to help the other bits function as they should. It's an often unseen role but a very important one. He spots potential danger & stops it before it starts, using his brains rather than pace. The reason he plays for us & for England, in spite of his obvious deficiencies is because he's the best at doing that job.

If there was someone younger, fitter, faster & better at it than Barry they would play instead but they are few & far between. that's why Gerrard was keen to get him to Liverpool. Milner could become that player but has to learn to think like Barry does.
I am a big fan of Milner and think he was a bit unlucky not to play more games. Milner's game is quite different to Barry's though. He's a much more energetic and driving player who I'd liken to gerrard

I thought this thread was about Savic signing on. What's with the laundry about Barry & Milner?

Scouting report from Tor-Kristian Karlsen on twitter

stefan savic/man city: very interesting centre back, seen him several times this year. calm, cultured, never stresses when under pressure. good passer of the ball, mobile, reasonably quick. still very young, not extremely dominant but it'll come

ANY1aBLUE said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If he's goods enough to compete with lescott, and toure is going to be sold, he is a good signing. If he's bought for the future and blocks boyatas progress then I see no point in him .

Will reserve judgement until I see him. I do feel we need a centre half but only a 'top liner'.

Give your head a wobble. We finished 3rd, and we won the FA CUP. We don't need many drastic changes. Changing a successful defensive pairing, purely for the sake of it is pretty fucking stupid considering we kept around 30 clean sheets.

ono said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Give your head a wobble. We finished 3rd, and we won the FA CUP. We don't need many drastic changes. Changing a successful defensive pairing, purely for the sake of it is pretty fucking stupid considering we kept around 30 clean sheets.

Dont let facts get in the way of his opinion.

ANY1aBLUE said:
If he can compete with Lescott at his age he may well be outstanding in two years and definately capable of moving us on a level. In the mean time Joleon is doing a pretty good job World class centre backs don't grow on trees we may be able to pick one up who can pass a bit better but doesn't defend as well(in fact we have one IMO in Kolo) but somone who defends as well and is a better ball player is not easy to find and their club may not want to release htem.

Young said:
I thought this thread was about Savic signing on. What's with the laundry about Barry & Milner?

The 'laundry about Milner & Barry' is because some folks still don't understand why we didnt challenge for the Prem League last Season - we didnt score enough goals, pure and simple.
The reason? Mancini doesnt trust Lescott or Toure enough to play only one holding midfield player. Therefore we have six defensive players and only four offensive ones. If we buy a better CB Mancini has the option of playing only one holding midfield player and, therefore, five offensive ones = more goals = more excitement = more points.

All im asking, is if this Savic is better than Lescott? If not, then we're not moving forward are we?
Im very surprised people here aren't admitting Lescott is purely an average defender, no more, no less................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.