Stefan Savic

ANY1aBLUE said:
All im asking, is if this Savic is better than Lescott? If not, then we're not moving forward are we?
How are we not moving forward if a 19 year old already has the gonads the challenge Lescott who's 29 next month.

Clearly our team thinks Savic or Boyata can become world class or we wouldn't buy a youngster like this who's highly rated just for fringe.

Sometimes we as fans it seems have become extremely greedy in only wanting the biggest names, instead of trusting our management. I prefer signings like this anyway because they have something to prove and come with lots of potential. Not to mention, he's already a good defender in his own right.

okstate99 said:
ono said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
COMPETE WITH LESCOTT ???!!!!! I was rather hoping for someone better, otherwise we're not moving forward.
Does anyone seriously think Lescott is World Class or can take us to the next level?
Dont give me this crud about 'best defence last year'. We played with six defenders and didnt score enough goals because of it. We have to find a way of only having to play ONE holding midfireld player, and only playing Barry in the early rounds of the League Cup! ....................
Give your head a wobble. We finished 3rd, and we won the FA CUP. We don't need many drastic changes. Changing a successful defensive pairing, purely for the sake of it is pretty fucking stupid considering we kept around 30 clean sheets.

Dont let facts get in the way of his opinion.

Hopefully that isnt good enough for the management or owners............if we'd scored more goals we could have won the league. Why are you still aiming for second best? Chelsea and Utd are making big changes, they arent standing still - and wouldnt have Barry or Lescott in their teams.................we must look at things dispassionately and analise why we didnt score enough goals and were so far behind a pretty average Utd team that dont play with TWO holding MF players!
3RD isnt good enough for me - and I hope not for the City management either.

ANY1aBLUE said:
okstate99 said:
ono said:
Give your head a wobble. We finished 3rd, and we won the FA CUP. We don't need many drastic changes. Changing a successful defensive pairing, purely for the sake of it is pretty fucking stupid considering we kept around 30 clean sheets.

Hopefully that isnt good enough for the management or owners............if we'd scored more goals we could have won the league. Why are you still aiming for second best? Chelsea and Utd are making big changes, they arent standing still - and wouldnt have Barry or Lescott in their teams.................we must look at things dispassionately and analise why we didnt score enough goals and were so far behind a pretty average Utd team that dont play with TWO holding MF players!

Personally, I would rather buy the next up-and-comers for 7 mill as opposed to waiting for them to become the next thing and pay 30 mill for them.

I know you are trying to sound ambitious here but youre coming off sounding like a spoilt brat.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Young said:
I thought this thread was about Savic signing on. What's with the laundry about Barry & Milner?

The 'laundry about Milner & Barry' is because some folks still don't understand why we didnt challenge for the Prem League last Season - we didnt score enough goals, pure and simple.
The reason? Mancini doesnt trust Lescott or Toure enough to play only one holding midfield player. Therefore we have six defensive players and only four offensive ones. If we buy a better CB Mancini has the option of playing only one holding midfield player and, therefore, five offensive ones = more goals = more excitement = more points.

All im asking, is if this Savic is better than Lescott? If not, then we're not moving forward are we?
Im very surprised people here aren't admitting Lescott is purely an average defender, no more, no less................

It's called a "4-2-3-1" formation, all the rage these days.

okstate99 said:
ono said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
COMPETE WITH LESCOTT ???!!!!! I was rather hoping for someone better, otherwise we're not moving forward.
Does anyone seriously think Lescott is World Class or can take us to the next level?
Dont give me this crud about 'best defence last year'. We played with six defenders and didnt score enough goals because of it. We have to find a way of only having to play ONE holding midfireld player, and only playing Barry in the early rounds of the League Cup! ....................

Amusingly ANY1aBLUE praises Uniteds 'massive' changes, including paying near 20m for a young central defender who has absolutely no chance of being first choice in the near future. However when City buy a young central defender who probably has no chance of being first choice this season it isnt good enough.

Changed my mind. Its not amusing.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Young said:
I thought this thread was about Savic signing on. What's with the laundry about Barry & Milner?

The 'laundry about Milner & Barry' is because some folks still don't understand why we didnt challenge for the Prem League last Season - we didnt score enough goals, pure and simple.
The reason? Mancini doesnt trust Lescott or Toure enough to play only one holding midfield player. Therefore we have six defensive players and only four offensive ones. If we buy a better CB Mancini has the option of playing only one holding midfield player and, therefore, five offensive ones = more goals = more excitement = more points.

Im very surprised people here aren't admitting Lescott is purely an average defender, no more, no less................

It's called a "4-2-3-1" formation, all the rage these days.

Is it ??!! Who else of the top teams plays that? Real Madrid - but then they have the best four attacking players. The top two Champ League sides didn't......................Maybe ok IF we have the best four forwards available? Im not sure Nasri is one of those either. Im worried we wont score enough again next year.
Its a sensible point Im making, worthy of discussion and not mindless soundbites in return - christ, some people on this site are wanting to discuss how to cook a bleedin steak!

ANY1aBLUE said:
Hopefully that isnt good enough for the management or owners............if we'd scored more goals we could have won the league. Why are you still aiming for second best?
Being sensible isn't aiming for second best. Building a dynasty of hungry players takes a bit of time. No one's asking you to wait as long as some of us have been for success but I'd be willing to wait a couple of years for a team that CLICKS. I mean actually clicks in the manner that players know each others game and can actually slaughter the best of teams, consistently.

What does scoring more goals have to do with a very promising defender anyway? I think he'll eclipse Lescott and make his own name for himself.

ANY1aBLUE said:
we didnt score enough goals and were so far behind a pretty average Utd team that dont play with TWO holding MF players!

Well we didn't score enough goals because we were cautious about actually making our targets. We weren't going for the all out attack only to get scored on plenty of times at at home a la Tottenham.

By the way, we never played with two holding MF players. Barry was a box to boxer. Just because he knows how to defend doesn't make him a holding MF. Yaya will probably take his place.

We're clearly after creative players up top anyways, so what do you have left to argue, mate?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Rather depends on what you mean by average. Average for the top four probably, average for the premier league no way. Use of the ball is a little limited by the very best standards but a rock in defense. Kept Everton up in fifth as one of their top players and now reliable in our side and solidly in the England squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.