Stefan Savic

Andouble said:
Gingers Dad said:
These one for the future signings never come off. The term "squad player" always mystifies me as well. If the player isn't good enough to play in your first team then there's no point in him being in the squad.

a truly horrid post.

+1. Savic is a excellent young player, not only in potential but in terms of current ability.

He will compete already for a starting place but at 20....after a few years he might be one of the best defenders in the world.

@Ricster: Who has the more potential, Savic or Boyata? Boyata has squad benefits in the future, as he will count as an association-trained player IIRC?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
@Ricster: Who has the more potential, Savic or Boyata? Boyata has squad benefits in the future, as he will count as an association-trained player IIRC?

I think they both have potential, but Boyata last season was making the mistakes Savic was when he was 18/19. Boyata is a year older, but his career stalled under the Hughes regime. I have very little doubt that Savic is the bigger talent, but they'd be on a par right now if Boyata was loaned/appeared more when they he was younger.

jjeangi said:
^Which mistakes? Bar Arsenal? ;)

Arsenal was a mistake by the referee, no way should he have been sent off, but Dedryk's got that concentration problem to, as did Richards before him. Im not saying Boyata wont make it, he will, just that Savic is more complete at the present time.

^I do agree. Watched him in a couple matches like the Arsenal one. Was quite impressed. Plays like a lad much older.

jjeangi said:
^I do agree. Watched him in a couple matches like the Arsenal one. Was quite impressed. Plays like a lad much older.

The most impressive thing about Savic's performance at the Emirates was how he kept Nasri quiet for the duration of the game, and he played at RB, not his strongest position.

^Yep exactly! I noted this earlier in this thread. I like the lad, bring him in.

Will he be on the telly today?

jjeangi said:
^Yep exactly! I noted this earlier in this thread. I like the lad, bring him in.

Will he be on the telly today?

Not sure if The Verve are playing today or not

Richard-Ashcroft.jpg

;)

ANY1aBLUE said:
okstate99 said:
ono said:
Give your head a wobble. We finished 3rd, and we won the FA CUP. We don't need many drastic changes. Changing a successful defensive pairing, purely for the sake of it is pretty fucking stupid considering we kept around 30 clean sheets.

Dont let facts get in the way of his opinion.

Hopefully that isnt good enough for the management or owners............if we'd scored more goals we could have won the league. Why are you still aiming for second best? Chelsea and Utd are making big changes, they arent standing still - and wouldnt have Barry or Lescott in their teams.................we must look at things dispassionately and analise why we didnt score enough goals and were so far behind a pretty average Utd team that dont play with TWO holding MF players!
3RD isnt good enough for me - and I hope not for the City management either.

Who has Chelsea signed?

-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:00 pm --

squirtyflower said:
probably shown his true colours today

With all due respect....this is when he showed his true colors:

ANY1aBLUE said:
BlueJill said:
I don't think it is an impossibility. They have no place to play Sanchez and Cesc as it is. And the OP is right...they need some income to pay for these signings. Not saying it is going to happen but if I wanted to prove my stuff, I know I would want to do it in the best league in the world.

Only a girl would write this......................reality check needed, and the kettle putting on.

-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:10 pm --

Eric Wirral said:
bojinov29 said:
will this deal be the end of our interest in Vertongen ? (sp)

Yes, Surely

Not necessarily. My understanding he is a RCB who can play RB (an exact replacement for Boateng). Jan is a LCB who cann play LB and Holding Midfield. Completely different players.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 pm --<br /><br />
i8rags said:
alky313 said:
This surely confirms that Boateng is on the way out too correct? I can't see us with two CB's under 24 especially now that we have 2 quality LBs as well.
two quality left backs?

Yes potentially the best LB pairing in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.