stephen Ireland....one season wonder ,or not?

If Hughes deserves credit for one thing during his time here, it would probably be getting Robinho and Ireland to play as well as they could have done. They are the two best players on our books but Mancini doesn't seem to get either of them as footballers. He doesn't understand Ireland or simply does not value him highly enough to play him a role that suits him. Playing him on the right wing? That's stupidity. I wouldn't be against him playing on the left wing for the record as he could cut in and catch defenders on the backfoot but like all British players he seems hateful of versatility. Same goes for Rooney and Gerrard.

I think it's pretty clear that Mancini took over as manager having done very little research on the squad he was to inherit. He thought we needed a new midfielder in Vieira when we had adequate players there already, he seems to think that Boyata is a child prodigy that we've all been dying to see and he clearly sees Ireland as a decent utility player and nothing more. It's a shame as well because given the right players he can play systems to produce good football which, with the quality of our side, should be enough to beat most teams in this league. Just see Stoke today for god's sake. But he doesn't understand the players or English football. Just see Hiddink when he took over at Chelsea for an example of a man who really understands football in different countries.

It's a shame because we'll most probably sack him in the summer. We should have kept Hughes longer and gotten our real managerial targets.

Xavvi said:
I think it's pretty clear that Mancini took over as manager having done very little research on the squad he was to inherit. He thought we needed a new midfielder in Vieira when we had adequate players there already, he seems to think that Boyata is a child prodigy that we've all been dying to see and he clearly sees Ireland as a decent utility player and nothing more. It's a shame as well because given the right players he can play systems to produce good football which, with the quality of our side, should be enough to beat most teams in this league. Just see Stoke today for god's sake. But he doesn't understand the players or English football. Just see Hiddink when he took over at Chelsea for an example of a man who really understands football in different countries.
I think it's clear that's a load of rubbish. hughes had given up on robinho and ireland as the focus of our attacking play this year. whoever the manager is, the presence of tevez makes it hard to accommodate them. let's not forget, as well as they did last year, as a team we hardly set the world on fire away from COMS.

Mancini asked ireland to play on the right twice, but today he played him in his preferred position. and he was no better. neither he or robinho performed to last year's levels and it was exactly the same under hughes.

Mancini played Boyatta because initially he had no other option. boyatta and kompany proved to be a workable short-term solution.

Ireland has probably been the biggest disappointment of the season, IMO, but at the age of 23 it's far too early to dismiss him as a one season wonder. If he could play like that aged 22, surely he's capable of reproducing that kind of football.

First half today he was absolutely brilliant, Stoke couldn't handle him, created and provided for everyone, he looked like the old stevie ireland we all know!

Second half he was alrite but looked a little tired to me, could be lack of match time i reckon, but bringing Vieira on for him had me puzzled.

Freestyler said:
First half today he was absolutely brilliant, Stoke couldn't handle him, created and provided for everyone, he looked like the old stevie ireland we all know!

Second half he was alrite but looked a little tired to me, could be lack of match time i reckon, but bringing Vieira on for him had me puzzled.
No way did he look in your words absolutely brilliant he was crap you must have been watching Given to closely.

smithy167 said:
Freestyler said:

No way did he look in your words absolutely brilliant he was crap you must have been watching Given to closely.

*see my post on the Given thread*

jefr said:
ello_jo said:
He looked great tonight, he could walk into any other premiership team and do well. If your reading this stevie fuck these deluded twats

surprised you could say any of this with your mouth full of stevie's erect penis - grow up

What a purile and pathetic response. If anyone needs to grow up it's you mate.

Lack of motivation, got his long term contract doesn't seem interested any more

Freestyler said:
smithy167 said:

*see my post on the Given thread*
Seen it, if you think ireland was anything other than shite tonight thats your problem, but stop saying he was absolutely brilliant because he was`nt.

Need's to be played in right position.

Would have loved Ireland,Elano and Robinho in the team today we would have cut them to pieces. Oh well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.