stephen Ireland....one season wonder ,or not?

Ireland is a fine player but he needs others around him to read what he's doing. Robinho used to be able to combine brilliantly when he was in form. How is Ireland supposed to combine with Ade when he doesnt move enough off the ball? I think Ireland and Johnson and Ireland and Tevez will click if they keep playing him on that position.....

I still think he was far more dangerous than Viera, those lob balls in are rubbish and he is just too slow.

I'd also love to know why Shay hit that ball over the sideline so close to our goal knowing Delap was on.... he could have cleared that a lot better.

Ribs said:
Ireland is a fine player but he needs others around him to read what he's doing. Robinho used to be able to combine brilliantly when he was in form. How is Ireland supposed to combine with Ade when he doesnt move enough off the ball? I think Ireland and Johnson and Ireland and Tevez will click if they keep playing him on that position.....

I still think he was far more dangerous than Viera, those lob balls in are rubbish and he is just too slow.

I'd also love to know why Shay hit that ball over the sideline so close to our goal knowing Delap was on.... he could have cleared that a lot better.
So you`re saying ireland needs better players around him? you must be joking, clutching at its best.

citymad said:
Got to admit I've been disappointed with Stevie. He may be carrying a niggling injury you never know. I also think he plays better when we have more mobile strikers on like Bellers and Tev who run the channels. IMHO Ireland is "that" creative player we need but with Ade and Crocky having the mobility of a carthorse he's finding it hard to make that killer pass.

He has all the qualities to be our David Villa, David Silva and give Kaka a run for his money. We are definitely not getting the best out of him, and if he is playing out of position in order to serve the team, something or somebody else is definitely not working properly.

We had far more quality today on the pitch than Stoke, but we don't seem to have the organisation to negate their limited creative efforts. They are just Bolton with one coat of cheap polish, but something radical needs to be done to our eleven if we are to progress.

Bet we get the possibility of a soft home tie in the draw tomorrow!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
citymad said:
Got to admit I've been disappointed with Stevie. He may be carrying a niggling injury you never know. I also think he plays better when we have more mobile strikers on like Bellers and Tev who run the channels. IMHO Ireland is "that" creative player we need but with Ade and Crocky having the mobility of a carthorse he's finding it hard to make that killer pass.

He has all the qualities to be our David Villa, David Silva and give Kaka a run for his money. We are definitely not getting the best out of him, and if he is playing out of position in order to serve the team, something or somebody else is definitely not working properly.

We had far more quality today on the pitch than Stoke, but we don't seem to have the organisation to negate their limited creative efforts. They are just Bolton with one coat of cheap polish, but something radical needs to be done to our eleven if we are to progress.

Bet we get the possibility of a soft home tie in the draw tomorrow!
You must be on a wind up.

smithy167 said:
Ribs said:

So you`re saying ireland needs better players around him? you must be joking, clutching at its best.

Not better players, just players that work harder. Ireland moves the ball faster than the rest of our midfield but Adebayor never provides much of an option. It's no coincidence that he played his best football around Robinho, who may have stuggled later on but was able to read the play and move a lot better than Adebayor. The rest of our midfield isnt creating much at all, passing it sideways until someone lobs it forward is under 6s stuff.

Benarbia's Fat Dad said:
jefr said:
surprised you could say any of this with your mouth full of stevie's erect penis - grow up

What a purile and pathetic response. If anyone needs to grow up it's you mate.

ok I was a bit ( sorry a lot) infantile in my reply , but I was merely pointing out just that the poster was being a tad sycophantic in his reply , so please accept my apolgies if you were offended
ps - puerile has got 2 Es btw:)

Ribs said:
smithy167 said:

Not better players, just players that work harder. Ireland moves the ball faster than the rest of our midfield but Adebayor never provides much of an option. It's no coincidence that he played his best football around Robinho, who may have stuggled later on but was able to read the play and move a lot better than Adebayor. The rest of our midfield isnt creating much at all, passing it sideways until someone lobs it forward is under 6s stuff.
So you`re saying the players around ireland aint working hard enough to make him look good? the guy is playing crap full stop its nobody elses fault.

jefr said:
Benarbia's Fat Dad said:
What a purile and pathetic response. If anyone needs to grow up it's you mate.

ok I was a bit ( sorry a lot) infantile in my reply , but I was merely pointing out just that the poster was being a tad sycophantic in his reply , so please accept my apolgies if you were offended
ps - puerile has got 2 Es btw:)
Point taken. Knew I should have spell checked.

Breaker said:
Robinho made him into a better player since they read each other so well, our most beautiful football came last season when Robbie, Ireland, and SWP/Elano were linking up together. No Elano + no Robinho = worse Ireland.
exactly. 100% this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.