Stephen Ireland Unhappy With Contract Progression.

Hughes was more than happy to tell all and sundry that Sturridge wouldn't have been allowed to run down his contract if he was manager last season, so he must be prepared to accept some responsibility for the contracts of other players.

It does seem the the only contract priority for Hughes is his own.

bizzbo said:
bluemanc said:
bizzbo said:
if anyone has kept hughes in a job this year it's stevie. his transformation is held up as an example of what is possible for young players who 'buy into' the MH way (even if those who've followed stevie know that he was well on his way before Sven left the club). his goals have been central to our league position and progress in the uefa cup. his performances are displays of total commitment. he has repeatedly, publicly, wholeheartedly supported MH's tenure, and i dont think i'm being too cynical to say that MH's comments on the contract negotiations gave him a very convinient story to put out in a week when our season fizzled out and he found himself under all sorts of pressure.

come on MH, time to pay your debts.
What the fucks it got to do with Hughes ??????
All he's said is the deal is very close which it probaly was, but now things have changed for some reason what's the problem with that.
When he signs will it be because Mark Hughes has done a great job in getting him to stay?thought not.
Hughes like every other manager in the Prem has fuck all to do with the negotiations he just says if he wants the player to stay & he has,try another tune this ones run its course.

Your post is unadulterated tosh. I presume from it's nonsensical content and general illegibility that you are recently returned from a public house. May i suggest your rancourous tone would have been better left there?

i dont think i'm being too cynical to say that MH's comments on the contract negotiations gave him a very convinient story to put out in a week when our season fizzled out and he found himself under all sorts of pressure.
Pressure from who ??iI've seen your other post & as i said you need another tune, unless of course you have inside info.

will you please say something that makes sense?

how am i digging a hole? what tune do i need to change?

I assure you im not winding you up. I think you're probably doing that to yourself. Count to ten, realise that I am entitled to a point of view on these things, and, if it's a point of view that winds you up, perhaps you need to be a bit more precise in figuring out why.

bluemanc said:
bizzbo said:
what a complete load of bollocks. the manager doesnt get involved in the contractual matters of his playing staff? that's a COACH. which we know Mark Hughes does not see himself as.
Some people just can't stop digging,or yo're a WUM then respect is due you got me.

your right mate no manager does the contract he just says he wants to keep him. How can hughes sit down and say your on 60 grand a week now? Its not even his fucking money lol. So bizzbo talking out of his arse

scottyboi said:
bluemanc said:
bizzbo said:
what a complete load of bollocks. the manager doesnt get involved in the contractual matters of his playing staff? that's a COACH. which we know Mark Hughes does not see himself as.
Some people just can't stop digging,or yo're a WUM then respect is due you got me.

your right mate no manager does the contract he just says he wants to keep him. How can hughes sit down and say your on 60 grand a week now? Its not even his fucking money lol. So bizzbo talking out of his arse

it's not Cook's money, it's not Marwoods money. what difference does that make?

He's got 2 years left hasn't he? So why is all this kicking off now. I could understand him trying to negotiate a new deal with 1 year left but 2 years is a long time. Ok, he's had a brilliant season but last season he was piss poor and many, including me, would have been glad to see the back of him. Whilst I'm not saying we shouldn't reward him with a better deal, it seems that these contracts are meaningless in the world of pro football.

If it was up to me I'd give Stevie a contract commensurate with his performances this season - he's been our best player this season so he should have the best deal. But only once his current contract expires and only if his performances are as consistent as this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.