Sterling and the hate he gets

A friend of mine, who know and understands my allegiance to a certain football club, sent me this link. I apologise if someone has already posted but I haven't got time to go through 150 odd posts.

It Was All a Dream by Raheem Sterling | The Players' Tribune (theplayerstribune.com)

It made me emotional. :-)

A friend of mine, who know and understands my allegiance to a certain football club, sent me this link. I apologise if someone has already posted but I haven't got time to go through 150 odd posts.

It Was All a Dream by Raheem Sterling | The Players' Tribune (theplayerstribune.com)

It made me emotional. :-)
Me too..........

Sunday night,few mins left,Foden running into the penalty area,there is a bad tackle from the defender,Foden stumbles but doesn’t,t go down.Its now just the penalties,which Englan lose.The media would all scream “There was contact,he should have gone down”.The Media don’t you just hate them.

sterling is the McCanns of football. The negative/sensationalist media have always had hate figures. And it sells.

I do wish Sterling would come out and just declare it all started with him leaving lfc. And the facts on the internet bear it out, no attacks on him whilst he was there, the shit started in Sept 2015 . Its unbelievable how stark the change in attitude was around that time of him leaving

Totally agree. People can have whatever opinions they want but the Sterling thing is just weird. The casual England fans were mainly the ones who slagged him off in the past. He’s now a hero to them. For the first time in history we actually have A City player who is most people’s man of the tournament, and the talk of England, and potentially about to become as big a hero as Geoff Hirst, but we still have some City fans curling their lips and going “yebbut he’s not that good”.

Thats what they call cognitive dissonance. People have played their cards and can’t back down.

We’re fickle fuckers anyways. Due to me holidays the first game I got to watched with old man Schmeichel in sticks for us was the Blackburn game at home, I refused to applaud or cheer his name at the start but I started to warm to him and by the end of the game I was fucking sold.

If anyone other than Sterling had won that penalty they would probably have a knighthood by now. Papers and social media filled with "Payback" "Thats how you win games" "the dark arts" "just what we have been missing" but no. Raheem Sterling won it. I wish he took it and buried it in the top corner like he did in the Chelsea shootout a few years back and ran down the pitch like Adebayor, then they would have had something to moan about.

Meetings are taking place in Basketball Ireland today in the wake of chief executive Bernard O'Byrne's apology for a social media post regarding Raheem Sterling he has since deleted.

O'Byrne posted the phrase 'BLACK DIVES MATTER!!!' on a BBC News Facebook post asking if Raheem Sterling should have been awarded a penalty in extra-time of their Euro 2020 semi-final win over Denmark.

Mr O’Byrne's statement read: "My choice of words commenting on a penalty incident were not thought out. It was an error of judgement and I wholeheartly apologise for the comments."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.