Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

Great post, only to add :
1. the considerable number of scouse lip reading experts supporting the "Manc" version in social media comments.
2. The Sun's strategy of slagging Raheem to increase Liverpool sales.

Had to laugh at the bit of exchanging drug dealers for chanting racism at football games. Ludicrous that bit

Weird one this. Haven’t read the entire thread. Whether my brain looks for Black **** or Manc **** it sees then both, obviously I’m interested in seeing/hearing an expert view, but from my point of view, I see either word

Til Death Us Do Part was showing up racism and anti-semitism. You were supposed to laugh at the ignorant bigot Alf Garnett, played by the Jewish Warren Mitchell. Unfortunately too many people were too thick to realise, probably because they held similar views to the Garnett character and so it became for them like the appalling Love Your Neighbour.

I used to like Alf garnet to be honest up the hammers

Weird one this. Haven’t read the entire thread. Whether my brain looks for Black **** or Manc **** it sees then both, obviously I’m interested in seeing/hearing an expert view, but from my point of view, I see either word
Ah! Just seen Raheems post...!

I don't think Sterling would have reacted in the way he did and said what he did today if he'd been called a Manc ****.

Edit, posted this at the same time as your post above, apologies.

Til Death Us Do Part was showing up racism and anti-semitism. You were supposed to laugh at the ignorant bigot Alf Garnett, played by the Jewish Warren Mitchell. Unfortunately too many people were too thick to realise, probably because they held similar views to the Garnett character and so it became for them like the appalling Love Your Neighbour.
I do know that but to get the comedy across it wouldn’t be allowed today, as you say Warren Mitchell was Jewish amd a Spurs fan in real life but played the part of what was perceived as a stereotypical West Ham bigot. He wouldn’t have played that part had it not been a parody. The language used was offensive but in the day acceptable as a tool to show up his bigotry. However you have to accept there are a lot of the population who just went along with the “Garnett” point of view, perhaps Nigel Farage cut his teeth on the programme!

I haven't called it badly wrong at all, it's just a matter of a opinion which I'm entitled to.
Just because I haven't agreed and gone along with the majority makes me bad?
Nah mate that's not cricket.
If you look at it and say it to yourself as he's saying it , it looks like he's said both the racist remark and the Manc **** comment what I think he says.

So you are going against the majority but acknowledge racist abuse was used ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.