Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

Yes if necessary. If they are serious about driving it out of the game it is the only sanction that will work. Peer pressure will soon kick in if a team loses 10 points.
I agree. Would happily have forfeited the game on Saturday if Sterling had walked off the pitch and the rest of the players had followed him.

For the record, I think Morgan is an utter bellend on certain issues - including this one - but he comes across very well on certain programmes such as the one where he interviews murderers in American prisons who are on death row.

He's still a bellend, you just don't notice it as much is this scenario as your subconscious is acutely away aforementioned murder could rip his head off and take a dump down his throat with no additional repercussions, and regardless of how unlikely it makes the experience all the more watchable.

I wonder what would have happened if Raheem had called over the ref and explained that he had just been racially abused and that he wanted the people arrested before he would continue the game.

I wonder what would have happened if Raheem had called over the ref and explained that he had just been racially abused and that he wanted the people arrested before he would continue the game.

he would have been booked for time wasting

It will be interesting to see how this alters the default response at away games, where Sterling just gets booed out of some vague sense that he is somehow the villain. But a boo for Sterling from now on will be interpreted as criticism of his public stance against racism.

It will be interesting to see how this alters the default response at away games, where Sterling just gets booed out of some vague sense that he is somehow the villain. But a boo for Sterling from now on will be interpreted as criticism of his public stance against racism.

was thinking that myself, some unfortunately will see this as an opportunity to boo even more and abuse, if not in a racial way purely to put sterling off his game. At least it will single out these utter pricks that shouldn't be in a stadium.

I imagine the good fans tempted at one time to boo just to go with the flow with now act totally different, we have had many wake up calls but this one brings us on to yet another sad level.

I hope he can now get the deserved respect that every decent footballer should get and be left to play football.

Why can’t fa amend the law that any player racially abused should be notified to ref on the spot and handed to security? It only takes about two minutes max .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.