Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

Right you just answered my question so they did actually call him that, then that's wrong, if they where just giving him shit then is that ok too, there's a line somewhere not too sure where it is, apart from the racist one, is it wrong to call Rooney a fat Scouse granny shagging twat,.
That's just a correct observation ;-)

On this very forum, a simple search shows there are 500+ references to the term "Dippers", a term used to degradate community "in jest" by referring to them as a group who scrounge round in dust bins for food.

Racism? - Yes

and if your immediate reaction is "but they're c*nts" or "it's only a nickname" or " it's just banter" you're part of the problem

Game shouldn’t be abandoned let’s knock that shite on the head firstly, I think that wouldn’t have even been mentioned had we won.

I don’t think it will ever be 100% resolved, in any walks of life there are dickheads everywhere, at a game where thousands upon thousands of people are it only takes one or even a handful to completely ruin it.

If there is any positives from this is that it’s been highlighted and hopefully makes people think before they do anything, hopefully that will come with the offenders getting a proper punishment. Nearly everything has been positive for Sterling from this and his post was perfect, I think we will see a different media towards him now which can only be a good thing.
I think your giving the gutter press a bit too much credit.

On this very forum, a simple search shows there are 500+ references to the term "Dippers", a term used to degradate community "in jest" by referring to them as a group who scrounge round in dust bins for food.

Racism? - Yes

and if your immediate reaction is "but they're c*nts" or "it's only a nickname" or " it's just banter" you're part of the problem

I'm not a fan of the term "dippers" myself, but I'm not sure how it constitutes racism. Liverpudlians aren't a different race.

The sight of a middle aged affluent man screaming race abuse beggars belief. Swallowed the anfield hate rhetoric against him and it went countrywide. Cheksea always had NF scum. I was there in 1983 when Jim Tolmie scored the winner and saw hundreds of Pringle laden wankers giving nazi slautes. They must have a few left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.