Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

How ironic is this? What I noticed with the Daily Mail article is that they were taking the high moral ground, as though to say we don't imply racist things in our articles, and then print this:

'The England star put on a brave face as he was photographed leaving his club's training ground in a black Mercedes 4x4 yesterday afternoon.'

Why was it necessary to write about his car? You can see the car in the photographs but they just had to highlight the 'bling' element again. They just can't help themselves. I wonder if they deliberated over whether they should use the word "black"?

Last edited:
What on Earth do mean by me finding something strange about Sterling?

My point is simply that the racist abuse directed at him, is not purely due to his race but just one manifestation of him choosing City and the ensuing media circus. Choosing to focus on just this incident (which involved racism rather than say vile chants against his mom and daughter) obfuscates that.

Just like Rashford, or say Rio Ferdinando / Sol Campbell did not have to face such abuse of various forms, despite being the same race.
Your quote,not mine.

You said it was strange that the abuse only affects Raheem,and no other black footballer,i wanted you to explain,as you have done above,why you thought it so.

Pardon, I didn't mean you said that.
But it seems some parts of the media are trying to paint this as an isolated event, purely due his race, rather than an escalation of the constant attacks on him.

I can fully well see a scenario where banning a few fans in this case is deemed to be closure, and then after the next England game he again faces nasty abuse from fans.
So why did you quote my post then?

We did get a bigger fine iirc in the home leg of that game but I thought it was because we sang to Hulk "You're not incredible" and also "Supermans right,you're fu**ing shite". Just goes to show the "ethics" of organisations like UEFA/PL/FA. I bet on Saturday night when the story broke the bosses at the PL/FA were frantically dusting off their immediate response memo stating "In this day and age there is no place for racism in our game. In view of that we have fined Chelsea £10k for not controlling their fans. Oh,and by the way we have fined City £20k because 2 or their players didn't have the correct sponsers on their socks". Like Raz on Saturday. We have to try and laugh it off as we don't expect anything more. As others have said I worry for the reception he will get in future from opposing fans. The dipper driven media lit the fire of vitriol and all are standing back now saying "It wasn't me guv". Spineless barstewards.

And never forget that UEFA takes racism so seriously it fined Bendtner £80k for wearing and exposing Paddy Power sponsored underpants - much bigger than any cash sanction for racism I can recall being imposed.

Your quote,not mine.

You said it was strange that the abuse only affects Raheem,and no other black footballer,i wanted you to explain,as you have done above,why you thought it so.
Read my post, fully, maybe?

And since you are fixated on that sentence let me add - it's not just strange but also a fact that there is not a single other black footballer in recent years who has faced similar abuse - abuse which has occasionally taken the form of racist comments about his skin colour.

Which would be strange, whether you like that word or not, if the antagonism was caused entirely due to his race.

It’s quite gutting that we don’t even have a song to sing for him when we’re not top of the league. He needs a non-position specific chant! He’s rightly created this debate in football, trying to provoke change, yet we can’t easily show our support for him unless City are top!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.