Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

How ironic is this? What I noticed with the Daily Mail article is that they were taking the high moral ground, as though to say we don't imply racist things in our articles, and then print this:

'The England star put on a brave face as he was photographed leaving his club's training ground in a black Mercedes 4x4 yesterday afternoon.'

Why was it necessary to write about his car? You can see the car in the photographs but they just had to highlight the 'bling' element again. They just can't help themselves. I wonder if they deliberated over whether they should use the word "black"?
Bit over sensitive with the car in my opinion. Darren Lewis was on explaining this yesterday, about how whilst there is blatant racism within the game, you have to be careful not to link everything to it. He used cars as an example. And to be honest, is a Mercedes 4x4 bling, exactly? Pretty average car relatively speaking as far as footballers are concerned.

Is it racist when sky sports news used to say about Harry Redknapp and the window down on his Range Rover on any given deadline day? No.

Bit over sensitive with the car in my opinion. Darren Lewis was on explaining this yesterday, about how whilst there is blatant racism within the game, you have to be careful not to link everything to it. He used cars as an example. And to be honest, is a Mercedes 4x4 bling, exactly? Pretty average car relatively speaking as far as footballers are concerned.

Is it racist when sky sports news used to say about Harry Redknapp and the window down on his Range Rover on any given deadline day? No.

Why mention the colour? Would they if it was say silver ?

It’s quite gutting that we don’t even have a song to sing for him when we’re not top of the league. He needs a non-position specific chant! He’s rightly created this debate in football, trying to provoke change, yet we can’t easily show our support for him unless City are top!

For those rare weeks we’re not top of the league just swap ‘he’s top of the league’ with ‘he’s won the league’ :)

Read my post, fully, maybe?

And since you are fixated on that sentence let me add - it's not just strange but also a fact that there is not a single other black footballer in recent years who has faced similar abuse - abuse which has occasionally taken the form of racist comments about his skin colour.

Which would be strange, whether you like that word or not, if the antagonism was caused entirely due to his race.

I did read it fully,i have no fixation,i merely found it odd....hence why i asked for my question.

Who,btw,is suggesting this targeted treatment is purely,or even predominantly,because of he colour of his skin? It would appear you are the only one getting your knickers twisted in that regard.

Gargoyle Gary now saying that Raheem has carried this with him since 2016, when he went to see the rat-faced twat.

So why didn’t Neville speak out about it then?

It could have been nipped in the bud if he had done so, but no, was he too much of a coward to say something at that time?

Or was there another reason for his silence?

I think it's unfair to pin any of this on Neville. By the same token, you could argue why haven't City themselves spoken out about it? We are his employer after all so surely the responsibility lies more with our club than it ever will with Neville. In any case - and I must confess I haven't watched the transcript yet - I get the impression that Neville feels quite bad about not knowing how to really handle it for the best. It's always easy in hindsight to say so and so should've done this/said that, etc.

Personally, the ones primarily to blame for fanning the flames are all the wankers in the press who have been responsible for every negative article, along with all those people associated with his former club who used the media to paint Sterling as a hate figure.

Wing'in his way to the job centre now anyway. Scum bag.

Even if it wasn't racist what he screamed at Raheem, I just find it so odd that a man whose in his 60s has that much anger to scream at a young lad.

Not much banter in football now. Everyone is so angry in general. Its just vile abuse at each other.
Football fans used to be known for their humour but it seems to be leaving the game as hate and anger takes over.

Wing'in his way to the job centre now anyway. Scum bag.

Even if it wasn't racist what he screamed at Raheem, I just find it so odd that a man whose in his 60s has that much anger to scream at a young lad.

Not much banter in football now. Everyone is so angry in general. Its just vile abuse at each other.
Football fans used to be known for their humour but it seems to be leaving the game as hate and anger takes over.
There certainly is an argument that it is whipped up in the media against us in general and Raheem in particular, in the media at every opportunity.

It’s like brainwashing. The anti Raheem hatred is normalised. It becomes acceptable.
Hopefully the lads courage will change a few of the sheep ‘s minds.

Strange how anyone at a football match can suddenly recall the abusive words they directed at someone. Guilt written all over this cretin and his associates. The harder he tries to get out of this hole of his own making, the deeper he falls.

I know - I wonder - at half time when his mate asked him did he want a coffee and how does he take it can he recall whether he asked for it black or Manc? His claim is that degree of bullshit !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.