Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

Bit over sensitive with the car in my opinion. Darren Lewis was on explaining this yesterday, about how whilst there is blatant racism within the game, you have to be careful not to link everything to it. He used cars as an example. And to be honest, is a Mercedes 4x4 bling, exactly? Pretty average car relatively speaking as far as footballers are concerned.

Is it racist when sky sports news used to say about Harry Redknapp and the window down on his Range Rover on any given deadline day? No.

A Mercerdes G Wagon is not an average car for a footballer lol they are well nice can be blinged up too ;)

A lot of people having a go at the press who frankly have (apart from the rare few) always been provocative.

However that upstanding organisation held up to be the world leader in fair and accurate reporting, namely the BBC has a lot to answer for.

They have repeatedly allowed fans to vote on the England players ratings, when looking at the results there is obviously an agenda by those who bother to do it. How the hell can Sterling get consistently low (bottom) scores when he has performed better than the vast majority on many occasions.

The BBC should be ashamed of allowing this to continue for so long, an online apology should be forthcoming but I am not holding my breath.

There certainly is an argument that it is whipped up in the media against us in general and Raheem in particular, in the media at every opportunity.

It’s like brainwashing. The anti Raheem hatred is normalised. It becomes acceptable.
Hopefully the lads courage will change a few of the sheep ‘s minds.

I think the whole thing is more deep rooted and if anything a bit sinister than that.

You have to go back to the take over and suddenly City were splashing the cash like a drunken sailor on shore leave and everybody's fave "little club " suddenly looked to be getting serious. That worried the press most of whom grew up with a soft spot for the previously dominant Liverpool and ManUre and more recently Arsenal. They had always been dismissive of Chelsea - that was "dodgy oligarch money" so there was a reluctant acknowledgement of their success coupled with a bit of mirth that for a while at least Chelsea were kept in their place with a lack of CL success.

Meanwhile at City we kept them amused with things like the Robinho saga and then we did the dirty in the media's eyes over the Leslie sacking. We won some enemies for that ! Then there was Raheem coming to City at the same time that Milner went the other way. One of them made the move and proudly announced he did so " to win trophies". The other did it for the same reason but didn't blow his own trumpet. One has won top honours one hasn't. There are those in the media that don't care that one hasn't but consider it unforgivable that the club he moved to hasn't ever won the PL - indeed we "stole" it off them during slippy Steve's swansong season.

And that last bit is where the racist element comes into play - Raheem pointed out where he has spotted the Mail failings but overall the press there is no doubt that when a black player has a nice car, house or transgresses this is highlighted in a pernicious way which is designed to belittle the black guy done good. Remember slippy Steve I mentioned? What about his fighting and damaging people? What about his "threat" to leave Liverpool that was allegedly "blocked" by the Liverpool mafia and his links to them? Never got a mention really - why? Coz he's Gerrard, he is English ( white ) and plays for England thats why. For that matter what about the Family Man's exploits? Airbrushed.

Racism never went away - the last couple of years events have emboldened some people to give voice to their feelings. Football kidded itself it was doing a good job and the press went along with that but ask any black player who has plied his trade outside the top flight what he has experienced over the last 10 years. The press do have favourites in terms of clubs and players and undoubtedly in many cases those players are ranked by skin colour by the way the press put them in little boxes - white = wholesome, hard working etc - black = gangsta, bling, edgy. Clubs are also ranked either consciously or subconsciously and in the case of City we are always cast as the villain's because we - like Raheem - wouldn't stay down in the place they allotted for us.

However I read that as

I am 60 and I know I should know better but I was a fool and feel ashamed BECAUSE I have lost my job and my season ticket, the places where I went to associate with like minded individuals. I am really sorry for myself and what I have got myself into and just want to be left alone...............in fact why don't you just FUCK OFF........ooooppppsss sorry I said that out loud didn't I?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.