Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

Gargoyle Gary now saying that Raheem has carried this with him since 2016, when he went to see the rat-faced twat.

So why didn’t Neville speak out about it then?

It could have been nipped in the bud if he had done so, but no, was he too much of a coward to say something at that time?

Or was there another reason for his silence?
To be fair, that's what first sprung to mind when people were applauding him for his passionate defense of Sterling on MNF.

I am not saying it is / was a simplistic subject to handle during a tournament (especially when England were as atrocious as they were), but surely you would have atleast spoken to Hodgeson or the like?

Yep. Let's not go down the same route as that dipper on here yesterday who claimed that calling someone from Liverpool a bindipper is racist. It just isn't, and neither is calling someone a Manc c*nt. In any case, I'm pretty sure the neandarthal is lying about that because Sterling says he heard racist abuse and that's good enough for me.
Sterling could have misheard what he said. And thus, it's possible they are both telling the truth.

Sterling could have misheard what he said. And thus, it's possible they are both telling the truth.

I’m no expert - but given the venom and anger being displayed I’m speculating that the Chesea fans weren’t saying ‘I say young man I hope you make a mess of taking this corner kick’. Whether they were saying manc or black is probably a matter for the linguistic experts - you got a clear view of their mouths because this needs to be resolved properly and the perpetrator does deserve a fair hearing - however much of a numpty he has been.

I've not seen the incident, didn't get back from the match until late Sunday morning and avoided all media the following day due to us losing so can somebony tell me how clear is the evidence this guy actually shouted racist abuse? Can we see and hear him say it? I can't find anything other than the blurred clip so I've no idea. I know Sterling has said he heard it but are we certain he didnt mishear something? There's a lot of noise in the ground, just think how difficult it is for us to work out lyrics to songs from opposition fans or a new one only 2 people a few rows back are singing, or how hard it is to simply hear somebody next to you say something when you wasn't already in conversation with them. Assuming he didn't mishear, did he hear it from any one individual or did he hear it from a general direction in the crowd somewhere? Need to stress I'm merely asking a question here and in no way am I I doubting Sterling or sticking up for the accused it's just that this guy has had his face plastered across the world, labelled a racist, probably had most of his friends and family shun him, lost his job which at his age and having this over him, he's unlikely to get another now, facing criminal action and of course been banned from the match. All fully deserved if the accusations are true of course but if they're not that's not something that goes away even if in the end he was cleared or even just lacking sufficient evidence.

It’s up to us to deal with abusive fans who cross the line.

At anfield in the CL last season this drunken oldish Irish blue in front of me in the queue racially abused a black steward. Poor kid didn’t know what to do and just moved on. I said to this blue “there’s no need for that”. He turned round and got a bit aggressive but I let it lie as I wanted to make sure I got in. Inside I followed him and as he was too old to hit I bitchslapped him. His mate didn’t fancy it and led him away giving it the big one and they weren’t one bit remorseful but at least they knew they’d suffered consequences for what they’d done and as decent people that’s the least we can do. Call em out, hit em, humiliate them, tell a steward, just do what you can but don’t let it pass

I agree , and well done for your actions. It is nigh impossible to change people's attitude, what you can do is help change their behaviour when they suffer the consequences .

I've not seen the incident, didn't get back from the match until late Sunday morning and avoided all media the following day due to us losing so can somebony tell me how clear is the evidence this guy actually shouted racist abuse? Can we see and hear him say it? I can't find anything other than the blurred clip so I've no idea. I know Sterling has said he heard it but are we certain he didnt mishear something? There's a lot of noise in the ground, just think how difficult it is for us to work out lyrics to songs from opposition fans or a new one only 2 people a few rows back are singing, or how hard it is to simply hear somebody next to you say something when you wasn't already in conversation with them. Assuming he didn't mishear, did he hear it from any one individual or did he hear it from a general direction in the crowd somewhere? Need to stress I'm merely asking a question here and in no way am I I doubting Sterling or sticking up for the accused it's just that this guy has had his face plastered across the world, labelled a racist, probably had most of his friends and family shun him, lost his job which at his age and having this over him, he's unlikely to get another now, facing criminal action and of course been banned from the match. All fully deserved if the accusations are true of course but if they're not that's not something that goes away even if in the end he was cleared or even just lacking sufficient evidence.
I watched the game from home on BT Sport.
I would have no doubt Raheem heard what he said he heard.
He was practically on top of the first row crowd as he had to retrieve the ball himself. It wasn't handed to him by a ball boy.
He wasn't looking directly at the guy, but their was a tirade launched at him as he came near and bent down for the ball.
The expression on his face when he stood back up facing the pitch said it all. We all knew he was getting abused.
What the guy said could not be heard on TV so you could say the evidence is circumstantial at best.
However I would say Raheem heard what he heard.
The guy identified is not claiming it wasn't me.
He is claiming that's not what I said.
I know who I believe.

Ok, not to beba dick here but if he did say "Manc' as opposd to 'Black' then I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree. And say that the labeling of this man as a racist is unjustied.

Hurling abuse at players is wrong. But labeling a guy a racist for abusing an opponent's superstar, will frankly make 60% of fans racist. As cursing at opposing Superstars (terrible as it might be) is coming practice.
He didn't call him 'Manc' otherwise we would be discussing a different topic title and one far less of an issue.

Yes, and he could be bullshitting. Sterling said he heard the Chelsea fan call him a black ****. It is possible he was mistaken. It is probable that he wasn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.