Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

Noooo.... There is a disagreement on what was said. Sterling heard 'black' ( at least that's what we are assuming), but the guy claims he said 'Manc'.

There are at least 4 possibilities here:
1. That Sterling is lying
2. That the man is lying.
3. That both are telling the truth, and this was simply a misunderstanding. He yelled 'Manc' but Sterling heard 'black'.
4. That both are telling the truth and is not a misunderstanding. He said 'Manc' and someone else yelled out something racial that Sterling.

In 3 of the 4 about, the treatment of the guy would be grossly unfair. So yes, I am hesitant to jump to conclusions just because the issue is insidious, and affects one of ours.

As we seek fairness for Raz, we shouldn't forget to ascribe similar to others we don't like.

Fair enough. But the bigger picture is that Raheem has kept alive the fact that racism continues in football stoked partly by the pathetic responses of UEFA and FIFA to racist behaviours in terms of fines or lack of.
Good on him for that.

Hope he gets a stand-up tomorrow night. I'm also wondering if the Scouse booing of Raheem will tone down on January 3rd. for fear of being misinterpreted? OK I'm not holding my breath.

DuJR6V2XgAIDVJH.jpg:large

Hope he gets a stand-up tomorrow night. I'm also wondering if the Scouse booing of Raheem will tone down on January 3rd. for fear of being misinterpreted? OK I'm not holding my breath.

That would require the scousers to have a modicum of self-awareness...but that's for another thread ;)

I've got to agree with you here I'm afraid. If I watch the video with the intent of seeing "black", then I see black. If I watch it intending to see "manc", then I see manc.

It's unfortunate, but I suspect the investigation, unless backed up by witnesses around the fan in question, will end up inconclusive.

Either way, the only **** here is the fan in question.
Two blind fuckers!

Colin Wing and the other so called Chelsea fans targeted a black player who has been targeted by numerous members of the press for several years. It seems no coincidence that the Sun and Mail are both in denial as is the press editors spokesman. Wing has stated he didn`t say black but it was misunderstood and he actually said Manc. Well as far as I am concerned this is an admission of his guilt. You see either way this is a hate crime.
Can I trust the newspapers? can I trust the Manc hating Chelsea fan? No.... but I can trust my own eyes and what I saw on that video was nothing more than a hate filled attack on a player going about his job trying to entertain us.
I love the fact that other players have spoken out, refused to go on talksport etc.
Raheem Stirling has done more for our sport and for minority players by pointing out, in a way that couldn`t be denied, than any other player has ever done. Pointing out how press observe black players against white players was an eye opener for a lot of people. He should be congratulated for his comments and we should all be proud to know we cheer him on as a footballer without concerning ourselves with his colour or lifestyle.

id like to know what the job is he said he has lost, i think hes telling porkies

Hes a cockney - so either works on a market selling fruit or in the City selling bonds - all market traders - lovely jubbly. ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.