Sterling - The Sun

I don't always agree with Barney Ronay's opinions but, my word, his style is consistently good.
It's a wonder to me how certain colleagues of his seem to be rated more highly. This guy us simply a better writer than about 85-90% of those around him in the Press Box.

(And he's dead right on this occasion).

This was posted on F365. IMO it deserves all the exposure it can get:

An antidote to the nonsense
I have seen the cr*p spouted about Sterling recently and it greatly upset me.

I too happen to have an exclusive about the ‘blinging’ Sterling family – Raheem’s mum is a nurse at my Grandad’s old age home in north-west London and has been looking after him and a floor of similarly bedridden and incontinent 90-year-olds for years.

You can imagine that any job like this takes immense courage, dedication, patience and kindness. Raheem’s mum has continued to do jobs most of us dread, despite Raheem’s immense wealth and success. She is dedicated to those under her care at the home and ensures that the residents (some of whom are Holocaust survivors) live out their final years in dignity and comfort.

It amazes all of us that she works long hours wiping up, feeding and cleaning old people, beside the fact that she and generations of her family will never need to work again. Perhaps none are more amazed than my Gran, who has developed a bit of an obsession about Raheem, cutting out the positive articles about him in the paper and giving them to his mum who then passes them onto Raheem. Raheem was touched by this and sent my Gran a thank you letter which she treasures. This a 90-year-old lady who had an ace WWII fighter pilot brother. When my family visit Gran, barely a visit goes by without mention of Raheem.

I just thought I would write in to add a counter voice to usual sh*te and distortion in the media, now desperate for scapegoats in the England squad. Hopefully this story can relate with the good readers of F365 about the reality most of us live in – where people just try to get on with their lives, do the best they can as human beings, and make other people a bit happier if they can manage it.

Thank you.
Ryan ‘Shout out to the COYS whatsapp group’ Jacobson

I simply say 'this'.

You can understand the club being reluctant, in some instances to challenge the papers, but this seems a perfect opportunity for the club to take action. Petty articles and snipes were bigger and too self-assured to bother to respond too but the vitriol and lies about one of our assets the club should defend. It would provide a sign of unity with the player and foster an even more positive relationship.

The Sun has given us an open goal, lets take it and possibly influence the future trash they would considering writing

Yep! I hope we hear the club do something about this, I'd be angry if they don't stand by our player.

Does anyone else not think its a bit gay that these 40 year old men have this weird obsession with a 21 year old lad?

Hahaa, i have seen your sales figures from the last 4 years, bet that is Sterlings fault to isn't it "My Sun" hahahahaha.
You have 2 years left to print your shit before it is not economically viable to continue to do so enjoy it whilst you can :-)

Hahaa, i have seen your sales figures from the last 4 years, bet that is Sterlings fault to isn't it "My Sun" hahahahaha.
You have 2 years left to print your shit before it is not economically viable to continue to do so enjoy it whilst you can :-)
The Sun is too politically important to Murdoch. So long as it sells its profits don't matter. He can afford to give it away free if he needs to.

Bastard.

The Sun is too politically important to Murdoch. So long as it sells its profits don't matter. He can afford to give it away free if he needs to.

Bastard.

Sadly true, i was kinda hoping that seeing it fall so much may start to have a negative image effect on the coffin dodger.
If that happens and it ends up like the metro used to be i would hope the shame makes it die, i'd take about 4 free copies a day just so they would leave me alone.

Sadly true, i was kinda hoping that seeing it fall so much may start to have a negative image effect on the coffin dodger.
If that happens and it ends up like the metro used to be i would hope the shame makes it die, i'd take about 4 free copies a day just so they would leave me alone.
We just have to hope Jerry Hall sees him off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.