Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pleased with his contribution today. Couple of more games and he'll be near match fit.

Apologies if you have seen this already, but check out Jovetic's post match interview here ...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/</a>

His touch is class and you get the feeling after a few more games he will come into his own. Watford were set up well today but when he came on they struggled with his movement at times. Although he didn't have a major impact you have to say that substitution changed the game.

I'll admit I don't know a great deal about the lad!, what type of forward is he? what current players in the world can he be compared to?. Looking at his stats he seemed to be more of a creator than goal scorer at Fiorentina.

The Goat 10 said:
I'll admit I don't know a great deal about the lad!, what type of forward is he? what current players in the world can he be compared to?. Looking at his stats he seemed to be more of a creator than goal scorer at Fiorentina.

He has been compared to Roberto Baggio.

Best position is behind the striker or on the left wing.

silvasleftleg said:
The Goat 10 said:

He has been compared to Roberto Baggio.

Best position is behind the striker or on the left wing.

Kinda reminds me of Bergkamp. Never seen a player love deft flick passes more than Jovetic.

Mike N said:
Very pleased with his contribution today. Couple of more games and he'll be near match fit.

The team had a much better balance about it when he came on almost immediately, i think he held his position a little better than Lopez , just wasnt the young lads day, although he did seem to be under some kind instruction to roam and come inside a lot, kind of the way silva plays but it just didnt happen for him, it will though, great prospect.

Look promising when he came on. I hope he stays fit and offers another option with nasti out at the moment.

Thought he showed great promise yesterday, and although a few of his flicks didn't quite come off he was always looking for the ball and making things happen. Can't wait to see him once he's fully match fit, as he has great natural ability. Will be an important player for us in the title run in.

I think it would be unrealistic to expect too much from him this season. Even if he'd been fully fit from the start of the season it would still have taken a while for him to get the feel of the PL. He's used to a slower pace. He's also used to being the fulcrum of his team, particularly at international level.

He's not likely to get a long run of games this season and he'll have to adapt his game to fit in with our established style. Other players will be pulling the strings. He could be very valuable coming on as a sub as yesterday. But I don't think we'll see the best of him until next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.