Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaliforniaBlue said:
Pringletelli said:
I think he needs a few more games to get match fit and to catch up with the rest of the team. Our attacking players never seem to hold the ball for long, it's all very high paced interplay whereas Jovetic wants to hold the ball and beat his man rather than looking for the pass.

This worries me - hopefully he can be trained to make better decisions more regularly in this regard, because he certainly has some ability.
He is going to be a work in progress. At times he looks to me like his sense of decision making is not quite there. That is, when to pass, who to pass to, when to run with the ball, and when to anticipate the movements of other players with the ball.

In saying that he tried hard today, and could have scored with that deft lob when Alvaro was called off side.

I don't think he will be in our top starting 11, but of course he will be very useful to the squad in the future.

jollylescott said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Pringletelli said:
I think he needs a few more games to get match fit and to catch up with the rest of the team. Our attacking players never seem to hold the ball for long, it's all very high paced interplay whereas Jovetic wants to hold the ball and beat his man rather than looking for the pass.

This worries me - hopefully he can be trained to make better decisions more regularly in this regard, because he certainly has some ability.
He is going to be a work in progress. At times he looks to me like his sense of decision making is not quite there. That is, when to pass, who to pass to, when to run with the ball, and when to anticipate the movements of other players with the ball.

In saying that he tried hard today, and could have scored with that deft lob when Alvaro was called off side.

I don't think he will be in our top starting 11, but of course he will be very useful to the squad in the future.

backs up the where to play JoJo theory, he could get in any team if he wants to, depends on the slots and the desire.

He'll benefit from these games. Probably take another 4 or 5 games

Took Coutinho several weeks before his game picked up

I don't think Jovetic will start week after week, but I think he'll still get enough game time to carry on improving

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Proelia said:
silvasleftleg said:
I think Jovetic was invading Silva's space.

MP has to play Jovetic on the left wing and Silva in the centre IMO.
Silva hasnt done alot for awhile now tbf

Didn't he win man of the Match away at Spuds? We need our big hitters back asap!!
I dont even think our overall performance against spurs was that great

super_city_si said:
Proelia said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Didn't he win man of the Match away at Spuds? We need our big hitters back asap!!
I dont even think our overall performance against spurs was that great
What? The first 30 minutes we were scintillating.
Were we really ? Aguero defintely was amazing but i thought it was just ok from us imo

Thought he did good. Only thing I don't like is he comes way too deep to collect the ball and couple times was running into silva. Will get better as he finds his spot though

I've been pleased with the way he looks with the ball in and around the box. His versatility and skill will be needed down the stretch. This is just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.