Stevan Jovetic (continued)

@BluePhil8 said:
He is quite unlike any of our other players.

Very direct and confident in his ability to shoot from range and beat a man.

Really good player and I hope he isn't starting because Pellegrini doesn't want to upset a winning team.

Hope next season he is integral.
if Sergio goes to Barca I hope he stays fit

Jovetic is a VERY special player I think. We are talking potential to be in the world top 10, imho. Nothing like there yet of course but i can see the potential.

The thing he has that impresses me so much is that he is in a way a bit Silva like. What I mean by that is that his footballing brain seems to keep a mental map of all the players, where they are going, what space they are in. Just watch, his head is constantly looking around just like Silva. And just like Silva, he always knows where to move to and where his pass is going, even before he's received the ball.

Add in the fact that he is MUCH more direct than Silva and he has already good composure in front of goal and he can be one of the best. He is real quality, mark my words!

I've been seeing him on a lot of people's flops of the season list which is really harsh. Whenever he has played he has impressed. I'm sure his goals per minutes played ratio is pretty good as well. I could see him becoming a real force next season

George Hannah said:
@BluePhil8 said:
He is quite unlike any of our other players.

Very direct and confident in his ability to shoot from range and beat a man.

Really good player and I hope he isn't starting because Pellegrini doesn't want to upset a winning team.

Hope next season he is integral.
if Sergio goes to Barca I hope he stays fit

If Serg does leave I would he gutted but Jovetic is a fitting replacement in my opinion.

If it wasn't for the injuries to our 3 forwards we would have won the league long before now. I have always liked Jovetic and if he can stay injury free next season and with Sergio, Alvaro and Edin firing on all cylinders we should have another good season.

Jovetic is a superb player and the way he finds space is like no other in the team. The substitution last night freed up the space for Zaba, as Jimmy was in his way, and being there encouraged too many passes between Zaba, Jimmy & Silva / Nasri this gave Villa defenders the time to drop and Jovetic pulled Villa players back inside.

Chippy_boy said:
Jovetic is a VERY special player I think. We are talking potential to be in the world top 10, imho. Nothing like there yet of course but i can see the potential.

The thing he has that impresses me so much is that he is in a way a bit Silva like. What I mean by that is that his footballing brain seems to keep a mental map of all the players, where they are going, what space they are in. Just watch, his head is constantly looking around just like Silva. And just like Silva, he always knows where to move to and where his pass is going, even before he's received the ball.

Add in the fact that he is MUCH more direct than Silva and he has already good composure in front of goal and he can be one of the best. He is real quality, mark my words!

Agree with that.

I remember Leonardo being asked why English internationals never went on to become truly world class, and he said that the world class players consider themselves to be even better than they actually are. It's a degree of self-belief that maybe doesn't sit comfortably with the British character, but I sense that Jovetic has that touch of arrogance about him which will set him apart from the rest.

Jessieblue said:
He's a smiley bundle of energy whenever he plays ..... Likes a shot from outside the box ,another positive .
That's so cute. "Smiley Bundle" it is then.
Stevan-Jovetic-Man-City_3084393.jpg

put your hands together for Mr. Smileeeeeeeeee Bundle.

Love him already. Seems like he's a combination of some of our best attackers in some ways(Aguero, Nasri, Silva).

gwt said:
Love him already. Seems like he's a combination of some of our best attackers in some ways(Aguero, Nasri, Silva).

I like Jovetic - he plays very well - and he has a "boyish" look about him. Like a kid in the playground.
How many has he scored 3 or 4 ?- which is good compared to the minutes he has been given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.