Steve Bruce

How tunes have changed....not long ago there was a thread talking about how they would do really well this season because they had bought well, and something about them over achieving. I said then that they have spent lots of money and underachieved for years.

I'm shit at searching on this but I'm sure someone can find the thread

I'm of the opinion that he is taking us nowhere and at the Stadium of Light on saturday (13,000 empty seats) there were the first murmur's of fans wanting Bruce out, he must be feeling the pressure because apparently he turned to a group of fans behind the dugout and muttered "twats" at them.

Sure we've had money to spend but we've recouped about £60m in fee's over the past 12 months, and its annoying that each Summer he keeps going out and buying a whole new team but we're still never any further forward. Added to that persistent losses against Newcastle (who have spent sold all since promotion) and its a recipe for disaster.

Won't be too disappointed to see the back of him to be honest, tactics are dire and hopefully the job should be attractive enough for someone like Hughes or O'Niell to come in. We have the fanbase, history (however ancient), stadium and infrastructure to do well, certainly we should be more than relegation fodder every season, perhaps underachievement is too far embedded into the club's fabric for that to change though.

Rhys1879SAFC said:
I'm of the opinion that he is taking us nowhere and at the Stadium of Light on saturday (13,000 empty seats) there were the first murmur's of fans wanting Bruce out, he must be feeling the pressure because apparently he turned to a group of fans behind the dugout and muttered "twats" at them.

This is a sure sign of a manager who is losing it.

I think he deserves the sack. He has spent a lot of money (though I take your point on his net spend), without appreciable improvement or (crucially) a sense of what he is trying to build.

He just seems to react to disappointment by buying new players, ensuring that the team never really beds in. A constant revolution is a recipe for disaster. And his purchases this summer were very disappointing...I mean, O'Shea and Brown? Really?! Show some imagination, and try to get some players who are likely to improve, not go downhill!

He's just another in a long line of overhyped, unimaginative British managers, with a poor football education and a narrow minded philosophy. Only gets the respect and time that he does because of his name.

Just pray to fuck that his replacement isn't Hughes or some other failed favourite of the pundits.

Braggster said:
Just pray to fuck that his replacement isn't Hughes or some other failed favourite of the pundits.

I think Hughes would do a good job at Sunderland. They'd be a tough team to beat with shrewd signings. I don't see Bent and Gyan coming or going there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.