Steve Ireland

The more I see of Ireland the more I think it could well be burn out. Over the last 2 years Ireland has worked his balls off to get to a certain level. Last season we benefited from his work during the summer. Same routine last summer for this season has lead to a number of injuries and his body kind of packing up. Last season he could recover from injuries much quicker compared to this season. He needs to take some time off from his pre season training and just do the clubs pre season training a rest can at times be better than training for his body.
I expect Ireland to be up for the battle for places next season and he will up the level of his play to get back into the team. It is a shame that Ireland has gone from 1 way to the other because on form from midfield he gets a couple of goals. We need a strong squad next season with some sort of European football on the cards we need a big squad who when called into the team can preform to a high standard. Getting rid would be mad at this moment of time.

OOHBEBLUE said:
Is nobody going to mention SWP's non marking of Evra on the wing which set the goal up?!

Yes, but it wasn't Evra who scored the goal. If Ireland would have stayed with Scholes, he would have never got a free header and scored. What makes it worse is his actions afterwards. Flapping his arms and trying to put the blame on other players.

jrb said:
OOHBEBLUE said:
Is nobody going to mention SWP's non marking of Evra on the wing which set the goal up?!

Yes, but it wasn't Evra who scored the goal. If Ireland would have stayed with Scholes, he would have never got a free header and scored. What makes it worse is his actions afterwards. Flapping his arms and trying to put the blame on other players.

As someone who normally would defend Ireland,I do find it hard to defend that.

jrb said:
What makes it worse is his actions afterwards. Flapping his arms and trying to put the blame on other players.

He was just doing his Micah impersonation from the swamp derby. Both players have inflated egos to contend with!

The video. It's makes me sick watching those Rags celebrate, but the video clearly shows the lead up to the goal and Irelands reaction afterwards.

Watch Scholes initially run past Ireland from behind and then run into the box. Not sure if Ireland saw him or not(looked like he did), he then try's to catch him up, but it's too late.

Even the commentators single out Ireland(Spanish?) at the end. Probably saying why the f*** did he let Scholes go and allow him a free header.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSSH_Pi_y9M&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

If you look at that clip and pause it at 15 seconds when Scholes is making his run we have the back 4 in place with Barry sitting in front of them. Meaning that Barry knows that Scholes is making the run. Ireland also knows that the back 4 and Barry is there so is not as big of a concern to get back. Move it along a bit Barry then went to the danger with Toure closing down the cross he took Toures man. Meaning now that Scholes is now the danger and could not get back. In a ideal world Kompany would of moved onto Scholes and Bridge would of covered Kompanys man. You can pick faults in a lot of our play for that goal.

Why do our home grown boys seem to implode after a good season?

I once heard someone say johnno is the closest thing to bell we ever have had, then johnno gets his 'stomach injury' and now looks like he has been doing some extra 'training' with ricky hatton down the local greasy spoon. Micah was attracting interest from chelsea, rags and apparentley a few big european clubs, where's his form gone? I've not seen as much of young vlad as i'd like to, according to some who have, he's a great prospect so hopefully he might be an exception. Does anyone think that after coming through the youth set up and becoming a VERY rich young man, that the 'edge' gets lost somewhere in translation? (sadly the one youngster who is fulfilling potential Hart, can't oust shay)

His car was still at the ground at around 6PM last night as I walked passed, only his car aswel.

I think Stephens Dizzy moment was a similar thing to what happened to Peter Barnes at the award ceremony and i think just like Barnes..Ireland will not return to the player he was earlier.

Biggest. Overreaction. Ever.

comic-book-guy-explaining-753993.gif

I really don't want to get involved but a few people on here really lack intelligence. Ireland's one of the most technically gifted footballers in our team. He's quality. I really don't want a debate, but to slag him off and single him out for that one goal the way you have is nothing short of disgraceful. Our club would be better off without you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.