Steve Ireland

Chris_McFC100 said:
Oh get real. He played 10 minutes, didnt really get much of the ball. Hes been out for quite a while with injury, get a grip.

He was also played out of position, hes attackin mid, not defensive!

Dont be such a knob!! hes on for five minutes and lets a 35 year old [who bye the way has played the FULL game] outrun him into the box and score!!
Thats why united are going for the league and were struggling for fourth.
A will to win by ALL 11 players on the pitch otherwise FUCK OFF!!!

This time last year i'd have been gutted to lose Ireland but now i'm a bit 'meh'.
I know he's had injuries and played out of his favoured position but at the very least players should give 100% even when out of form but i'm not sure Ireland has done that at times.
I'm not slagging the guy off but i do feel there are times when the lad has let himself down with his application.

Disgusting.......... That's the only word I can use to describe this abortion of a 'thread'.

To go on about Ireland the way you are after 10/15mins of a substitution onto the pitch in a Manchester Derby, then, quite frankly you need to be shot with shit.

I have always stuck up for our home-grown players more than others, especially someone that was OUR player of the year last year. The fact of the matter is, he has been the victim of a new system, one which is not favourable to our Stevie.

Hopefully, we can achieve the dream of 4th place, then he can show all you City 'fans' how indispensable the lad is, next season.

Stevie, if you are reading this, then don't listen to these t*ats. Proper City fans still appreciate / love you!

CTID

IrishMacca said:
He'd the cheek to throw up his hands to say who was marking Scholes, when it was him who just gave in, after only being on the pitch 5plus minutes, and he wonders why he doesn't start.

I don't like some of the more OTT posts in this thread. But I saw that too, it was absolutely farcical. It looked like an automatic reaction, which unfortunately seems to say it all about the difference between Ireland's mindset this year and last. I'm not going to go to town on the lad mind you, because maybe it was just one of those things, maybe he'll wake up blushing tomorrow and use the embarrassment to kick on and really contribute in the remainder of the season.

i don't know what's going on behind the scenes but not taking responsibility has become a theme when talking about him. if it was a true reflection of how he is day in day out, then what else can you do but move him on? here's hoping he proves me wrong.

fazbeast said:
Disgusting.......... That's the only word I can use to describe this abortion of a 'thread'.

To go on about Ireland the way you are after 10/15mins of a substitution onto the pitch in a Manchester Derby, then, quite frankly you need to be shot with shit.

I have always stuck up for our home-grown players more than others, especially someone that was OUR player of the year last year. The fact of the matter is, he has been the victim of a new system, one which is not favourable to our Stevie.

Hopefully, we can achieve the dream of 4th place, then he can show all you City 'fans' how indispensable the lad is, next season.

Stevie, if you are reading this, then don't listen to these t*ats. Proper City fans still appreciate / love you!

CTID

Your on a different planet mate,hes been shite all season but my bug bearer is he was supposed to be the fittest player at the club!! whats happend? he cant track a 35 year old whose played all game? He's lost his desire!! and for a wage of 70-80.000 grand a week is a FUCKING DISGRACE!!

I am a Stevie Ireland fan but today I thought he was terrible, You would expect him to be trying really hard to get back in the starting 11, He came off the bench today and had a chance to prove a point to Mancing and he blew it, He didnt track Scholes for the goal either.

He has the potential to be a top player for us in years to come, Get your act together Stevie!

fazbeast said:

CTID

Why do homegrown players warrant more protection than imports? In my opinion, everyone deserves the same chance to succeed and/or fail.

I just want to know how long we can keep on making excuses for his pathetic performances. I can identify with fans who want rid - this "proper City fans still appreciate/love you" lark is cringeworthy. I've never loved him and I've had a season ticket for 17 years. Does this mean I'm not a proper City fan?

John Wayne said:
fazbeast said:

CTID

Why do homegrown players warrant more protection than imports? In my opinion, everyone deserves the same chance to succeed and/or fail.

I just want to know how long we can keep on making excuses for his pathetic performances. I can identify with fans who want rid - this "proper City fans still appreciate/love you" lark is cringeworthy. I've never loved him and I've had a season ticket for 17 years. Does this mean I'm not a proper City fan?

I dont give a fuck if they came from timbuktoo or moss side! once they cross that line they have to deliver!!

to be honest, it doesnt bother me to much he had a bad game. its just that he obviously wasnt putting the effort in (bellamy was an example of this today. he wasnt at his best, but fucking put a shift in regardless) which really pisses me off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.