Steve Ireland

well fuckin hell, we lose one and every player under the sun is being slagged off.
remember, Stevie reads this forum..

personally, I want him to stay, let him a have a full Mancini season, get back into pre-season hen he does all his gym and karate malarki, then lets start fresh again, how can you vote someone your player of the year, and wasn't he in team of the season last year? i think he can still rip it up, theres no point putting negative comments, only gonna get the player feeling worse.

Oh no if he reads it I better not hurt his feelings!

IF he reads it I hope he wants to prove people like me wrong. Id be the first to applaud him. But we both know hes not that type of character.

Man1City said:
remember, Stevie reads this forum.
Whilst some of the comments on here are way over the top, he needs to know how unacceptable performances like his yesterday are. Yes, others made mistakes that brought the situation about, but there is simply no possible excuse for just standing there and watching your man stroll straight past you unmarked into the box. The simple lack of effort is unforgivable.

So, Stevie, if you are reading this, pull your head out of your arse and start putting a bit of effort into your game. It's possible you may have some issues with the manager or the system, but neither of those things prevent you from doing the very simple basics of the game. And when you see Bellamy at training, please tell him to never ever do something as stupid as that again with 30 seconds of a game left.

I'm not sure I ever boarded the Ireland hype train, so it's not like I'm getting off it when I say I don't think he's good enough.

He only seemed to play well when Robinho was on the pitch to me, and seemed to know how to take advantage of what Robinho was doing.

My heart sank yesterday when I saw him on the touchline, and fears were confirmed by his performance. I don't think it's that he's not trying, I think it's that he isn't good enough. The game just passes him by. It was like playing with 10 men after he came on.

I haven't rewatched the game or the highlights - don't know if I will. At the time I was annoyed by Bellers giving the ball away for their goal and didn't see who gave Scholes the freedom of the penalty area. Sounds like it was Ireland. If it was then his ten minutes cost us the game - unforgivable.

Should not play for us again IMO (not just because of yesterday). And certainly not during this crucial run of games. He isn't a fighter so can't scrap for us, and he doesn't have the talent to contribute in other ways.

Never slagged him before, but would have sold him off when he was linked to Sunderland. Glad we didn't but I think he needs to take another step up similar to last season to have a future at the club.

Not sure he's ever been fully healthy (as opposed to fit) this season, something doesn't seem right about him since that scare in the early part of the season.

It's up to him.

Man1City said:
well fuckin hell, we lose one and every player under the sun is being slagged off.
remember, Stevie reads this forum..

personally, I want him to stay, let him a have a full Mancini season, get back into pre-season hen he does all his gym and karate malarki, then lets start fresh again, how can you vote someone your player of the year, and wasn't he in team of the season last year? i think he can still rip it up, theres no point putting negative comments, only gonna get the player feeling worse.

yeah i read these forums too

He had a great season last year because he was a regular starter, the system suited him & he had his mindset right.
Right now he doesn't fit this system, we're top heavy on forwards meaning we're playing deeper in midfield. His attitude has gone bacwards because he's not starting , it's a viscous circle and he's shown not quite the character to fight for his place.
If the money wasn't quite so easy to come by he'd have a hunger that just isn't there when you can just go through the motions and pick up £1m every quarter!

I don't like pointing a finger, but I've just seen the goal for the first time.

Ireland is a few yards 'behind' Scholes and the wrong side of him.(both running from midfield towards the 18 yard area) Scholes then makes a move into the penalty box and Ireland trys(not sure that's the correct word) to get to him. By the time he get's anywhere near Scholes, the ball is in the back of the net, Scholes is off celebrating and Ireland is stood in the box, looking around, arms in the air, blaming somebody else.

Sorry Steve, Scholes was your man and you let him go. End of.

jrb said:
I don't like pointing a finger, but I've just seen the goal for the first time.

Ireland is a few yards 'behind' Scholes and the wrong side of him.(both running from midfield towards the 18 yard area) Scholes then makes a move into the penalty box and Ireland trys(not sure that's the correct word) to get to him. By the time he get's anywhere near Scholes, the ball is in the back of the net, Scholes is off celebrating and Ireland is stood in the box, looking around, arms in the air, blaming somebody else.

Sorry Steve, Scholes was your man and you let him go. End of.

Yes our midfiled is the weakest link now. Dire & Awful!
Remember Arteta's goal scored against us at our turf recently. One of our midfielder did the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.