Stock up on bog roll here we go again

I'll take it one step further. Their logic is completely brain dead.

If this was all a world government conspiracy, there was no COVID etc....

Wouldn't it make sense to get rid of the "intelligent free thinkers" that are "onto them"?

Keep your compliant citizens alive. Then kill all those that haven't had the vaccine. HEY PRESTO. No more really clever people that are onto them.

So when the government release the real virus that we're all immune from, they're all fucked :)

There isn't any logic behind it. It's just an emotional response.

A friend of mine was activax before it was cool. She was also good at science and biology at her school. Her antivax stance stemmed entirely from having a BCG scar and her being abnormally vain and always overreacting to these sort of imperfections.

All the posts from the antivaxxers prove this point, resentment, fear, calling out other posters (usually a long list of those that "wronged" them).

You don't have to be a moron to be an antivaxxer. But it certainly helps. And some of the notoriously anti-vaxxers or sceptics are Grade A examples.

Yeah ok I have been radicalised by social media and I’m an angry warrior,that’s good to know that,but at least I would never have 5 injections of gods knows what and live my life in fear
We are all different I suppose
Nah, you’re just a stupid twat who’s still obsessed with Covid while the rest of us barely give it a thought because it’s now just another minor illness like a cold thanks to the vaccine.

I have never understood why covid caused a shortage of bog roll. Anyone?
I remember there was an Aussie news story where they were running low on toilet roll because they get a lot of their stocks from China and China had stopped production/exports.

Here in Britain, we make our own toilet roll, but the Aussie news story hit the news here (why, I’ll never know) and everyone went out panic buying toilet roll. Then our stocks in the supermarkets ran out and the news then ran stories about that so everyone was worried.

Then stories starting coming out about people having to use sinks as bidets, or washing their arses in the bath/shower or using babies nappies. Stories online of people going round neighbours who’d got eighty toilet rolls in their loft, buying them for twice the retail price.

Our media are knobs.

I remember there was an Aussie news story where they were running low on toilet roll because they get a lot of their stocks from China and China had stopped production/exports.

Here in Britain, we make our own toilet roll, but the Aussie news story hit the news here (why, I’ll never know) and everyone went out panic buying toilet roll. Then our stocks in the supermarkets ran out and the news then ran stories about that so everyone was worried.

Then stories starting coming out about people having to use sinks as bidets, or washing their arses in the bath/shower or using babies nappies. Stories online of people going round neighbours who’d got eighty toilet rolls in their loft, buying them for twice the retail price.
Our media are knobs.
Thanks for that. I saw a pic at the time of a guy with 30 or more multipacks of rolls leaving a supermarket in Surrey. Knobs everywhere.
I didn’t have any problem, I just gave up crapping.

Stories online of people going round neighbours who’d got eighty toilet rolls in their loft, buying them for twice the retail price.
The bog roll black market

About COVID, I don't understand anti-vaxxers either. My grandad died of COVID in late 2020, before the vaccine became available. He had a fall in his house, and he caught it in hospital. But he was 82.

I saw other people suffer with it, and it is very real. My mum isolated as she has health issues and - while it has left her more fearful of leaving the house - she can work on that, and at least she is still alive.

It seems that some people consider everything a conspiracy theory. We all know that governments don't really have our best interests at heart, but this virus seemed/seems very real to me.

Mpox is more deadly but hopefully and seemingly spreads less easily

I am really not looking for an argument, but there are too many right-wing nut jobs out there in my very humble opinion. They think they know better than qualified scientists and medical people. There's a couple of misinformed comments in this thread that could radicalise someone gullible who reads it.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about the Covid vaccine.

Unfortunately, I had blood clots in my lungs that nearly killed me. I had two attacks (the second even when I was on blood thinners). I was very ill the first time it happened. The doctors have told me it’s likely, looking at the timeline of when I had the jabs and when I had the clots, that it was the vaccine that caused them and that there was a risk of clots higher from the Covid vaccine than they might expect from a vaccine.

I have to go to the Anticoagulation dept. at the hospital every couple of weeks where I have my blood checked to see how my clotting levels are doing and they adjust my thinner dosage according to how my levels are (after the first clots they didn’t have me doing that, they just left me with a daily dose of a thinner and left me to it). Hearing conversations or talking to other patients in the waiting rooms over the last few years as well as the Nurses in Anticoag, lots of people have said it’s the Covid vaccine why they’re there. A number are fairly young to middle aged like me (where clots would mostly be a middle aged to old age issue).

I personally know two other people - one lad nearly lost his leg from a clot and he had a chunk of his lower leg muscles taken away in the operation to remove the clot; and unfortunately, my work colleague’s Sister died of blood clots in the lungs around the same time it happened to me - in both cases the Doctors have said it’s a possibility that the Covid vaccine was the cause (it’s difficult to diagnose the cause of a clot case-by-case because it’s already happened, but they’re looking at the timelines of vaccine to clot and the ages of people - all three of us were between 35-45, all of us fit and healthy).

It’s been nearly two years since the first clots happened to me, and I’m only just recovering now. Until recently, any exertion I was doing was making me nearly pass out. Just walking up the stairs was hard for a while.

However, I knew at the time that it was more likely I’d die from Covid itself than the vaccine and that all medication (pretty much all things we ingest) has side effects. I was just an unfortunate patient that the Covid vaccine didn’t agree with.

Unfortunately, I also knew two people who died from Covid itself (two mate’s Dads).

Although, I do get invited for an annual Covid jab still now due to my risk factors of having damaged lungs, after having it again once since the clots, I turn it down now because I felt like shit for months after the last one I had and my clotting levels were fluctuating.

I will think long and hard about the side effects and risk factors of any vaccine, medication and taking into consideration the virus/bacteria/illness, before ever putting anything in me again.

And it has made me think about things like human evolution and 4 billion years of our cells getting to this stage without medication and that we are excellent biological specimens that have internal healing and fighting powers. Is it arguably better for our evolution to have a virus kill off a chunk of the population but achieve herd immunity through mass contraction? As a species are we really supposed to get ill and the weakest die and the strongest survive? But then I think that’s too clinical and uncaring for those who die?
And then look at where we are with Covid now after the vaccine; it’s just become a bad cold due to our immunity to it.

Anyway, it’s not a mantra I live by and it’s not made me become an anti-vaccer or owt. Just made me consider things more deeply and I don’t blame anyone for wanting to take risks into consideration before putting any form of vaccine or medication into them. I don’t get those who think everyone’s lying to us and out to get us, I also do not think there was some worldwide conspiracy to kill off part of the population through a vaccine - they’d just not have gone into lockdowns and had us all contract Covid and see many more die from the virus than the vaccine had that been the case. There’s even a conspiracy theory that Mpox has been caused by the Covid vaccine, which has been proven to be false.

So I’m in the middle with it all. I think those who just lift their sleeve up and call everyone who’s sceptical a stupid **** are very unhelpful people, but I think those who run with conspiracies and become rabid anti-vaccers are daft too.

Last edited:
Nah, you’re just a stupid twat who’s still obsessed with Covid while the rest of us barely give it a thought because it’s now just another minor illness like a cold thanks to the vaccine.
Tell that to the 2m folk suffering from Long Covid. Two of my three kids are currently having their lives ruined by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.