Stockport County v City 28 July

years ago would have gone to this match but events i have witnessed while watching county v city have changed my views on scfc, wouldnt give them a penny let them rot and hopefully go bust and fold

All this animosity between City & County makes me very sad. Could anyone (briefly) sum up what’s caused it?

Used go watch County all the time (me mam used play for the ladies team so got free tickets) and have recently taken my little lad to his first football game there as he is a bit too young for a ‘big’ game.

Reading through the thread seems they gave you a bit of stick when they were in the ascendancy but when I was last there (last home game so May sometime) didn’t hear any anti City chants if that helps?

ChrisNUFC said:
All this animosity between City & County makes me very sad. Could anyone (briefly) sum up what’s caused it?

Used go watch County all the time (me mam used play for the ladies team so got free tickets) and have recently taken my little lad to his first football game there as he is a bit too young for a ‘big’ game.

Reading through the thread seems they gave you a bit of stick when they were in the ascendancy but when I was last there (last home game so May sometime) didn’t hear any anti City chants if that helps?

I grew up in Stockport and, like a lot of Blues at the time always felt very well disposed to County, I'd go to watch them sometimes and always looked for their result. It started to change (for me) when we were chased up Castle Street by a pack of them after an Edgely Park friendly in 1990. Still I thought, every club has its nutters and I still felt very supportive of them. What finally did it was there attitude the season we went down in '98 and they had their best ever season (8th in the second tier I think) and the explosion of joy and anti City malice from them was incredible, don't know where it came from but they hate us with a nastyness even most Rags don't compare with (the explosion of bitterness on their forum when we won the league had to be seen to be believed). Don't know where this came from as if it wasn't for City playing them in friendlies whenever they were on the brink of going bust in the 70's and 80's there probably wouldn't be a Stockport County any more. So sod them, I wouldn't give them a brass farthing.

1972Bramhall_Blue said:
ChrisNUFC said:

I grew up in Stockport and, like a lot of Blues at the time always felt very well disposed to County, I'd go to watch them sometimes and always looked for their result. It started to change (for me) when we were chased up Castle Street by a pack of them after an Edgely Park friendly in 1990. Still I thought, every club has its nutters and I still felt very supportive of them. What finally did it was there attitude the season we went down in '98 and they had their best ever season (8th in the second tier I think) and the explosion of joy and anti City malice from them was incredible, don't know where it came from but they hate us with a nastyness even most Rags don't compare with (the explosion of bitterness on their forum when we won the league had to be seen to be believed). Don't know where this came from as if it wasn't for City playing them in friendlies whenever they were on the brink of going bust in the 70's and 80's there probably wouldn't be a Stockport County any more. So sod them, I wouldn't give them a brass farthing.

Thanks for the response it is appreciated! From the sounds of it cant say i blame you doesnt sound as though they are grafteful for the help which is a real shame.

ChrisNUFC said:

Im not from stockport but live near by and was born in stepping hill. Like many blues i viewed county as a sort of 2nd team and when city weren't playing and we had some spare cash we'd go down and get behind them. City would also arrange friendlies every year, it'd fill their stadium and generate lots of money. MCFC and its fans IMO kept them affloat. Now everytime we played them they'd try kick off with city fans and act like dicks.

And when we fell down the leagues and were at our lowest, they were at their highest and my god did they rub it in, especially when they beat us. They were just like the rags. The nail in the coffin in terms as my county
Support went was when we'd been beat 4-0 the previous day and on the sunday county were playing, i wss sat in the cheadle end and at half time thw tannoy announcer was reading the days scores out and finished with " and city lost yesterday 4-0!!!" A huge cheer went up and a roar of laughter, that was half time and we just got up and left.

Ive also got loads of "friends" on facebook who support cunty, i watched the fa cup derby when kompany got sent off at home due to being a bit skint, they were all over facebook writing shit like "go on united put 7 past the cunts" and "haha 3-0 at half time, fuck off citeh".

Far as im concerned that club can die.

<a class="postlink" href="http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1341876878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsbo ... 76878.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.